No announcement yet.

Quake 1 via steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very unfortunate what troubles steam sometimes causes but this doesn't help this problem.

Comment

Shaddie is right guys. Unless we have a tech from Steam as a member of this forum then this is nothing more than venting.

I've personally had no major issues with Steam. It's never borked my PC although I've had games that did not run correctly out of the box. The workarounds were easy to find on their forums though.

Comment

i've never ever had any problems with steam myself. been using it for over a year now, and im very satisfied with it. great games, fast download speeds always, steam cloud for savegames is neat, and i love they have sales all the time so you can get games for way cheaper then normal sales-price compared to shops
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
          Shaddie is right guys. Unless we have a tech from Steam as a member of this forum then this is nothing more than venting.

I've personally had no major issues with Steam. It's never borked my PC although I've had games that did not run correctly out of the box. The workarounds were easy to find on their forums though.
          There has been a post created that is aimed at becoming a point of reference to getting Steam+Quake updated and working with modern engines, both from within the Steam client and as a standalone Quake engine (like most of us,who do not bother with the Steam frontend nonsense)

This isn't venting or even remotely trivial, you rip out PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK , make a new quake folder ,make a id1 folder inside that quake folder, extract new engine into quake folder ; bam, you have modern working quake.

People do not know this and yes we vented (briefly), but thats now a thing of the past.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Community voted Quake to be the next flash sale, starting in ten minutes, at 75% off. It does seem to be referring to the original Quake, so I'm guessing it'll be $2.50

Comment

Working...
            X