Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my configuration work for multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my configuration work for multiplayer?

hello,

some days ago i found my original quake 1 game and decided to look for ways to play it again in multiplayer with my friends.

i have then installed quake1, installed dark places engine and rygel's high-res texture pack. now the game looks really nice.

but before i try to convince my friends to install all the stuff, i want to make sure this configuration works so we can play maps like dm6 over lan or hamachi with 5-6 people.

so can anyone here help me out with my question?

thank you!

flakeo

hmmm, not sure what you are asking. If you are asking if you can play online using darkplaces, the answer is: of course.

As far as all the eye candy goes, that has nothing to do with anyone but you. For instance, if your friends did everything that you did except get the HD content, you could still all play together, it will just look Hi-Def for you and Lo-Def for them.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

thank you for your quick reply

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      hmmm, not sure what you are asking. If you are asking if you can play online using darkplaces, the answer is: of course.
      i think that basically was my question. i was worried dp was only for single player because in some threads here people use other engines for multiplayer.

As far as all the eye candy goes, that has nothing to do with anyone but you. For instance, if your friends did everything that you did except get the HD content, you could still all play together, it will just look Hi-Def for you and Lo-Def for them.
      okay, that was clear. i just found "Quake HD Pack" here, would you better recommend to use this one as a beginner?

flakeo

Comment

Use pro quake 4.51 , windows xp, fuck dark places
        The older the machine the better, use a ball mouse too

Comment

honestly, unless you have a real good system, I wouldn't recommend all that HD for online. You don't want your system lagging on top of trying to maintain a solid connection. Also all that stuff is a distraction. They have people that play online with NO world textures. I think that is a bit extreme.

edit: A ball mouse? LOL! Yeah cause taking those things apart every 5 minutes and cleaning them adds so much to the game play. You have to be joking.

Comment

ball mice were more of a fad imo.

(not trying to steer off topic or anything! )
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

wait, are you talking about ball on the top or ball on the bottom? I thought Zord meant ball on the bottom. Ball on the bottom mouses are nothing but a pain in the ass. They pick up any and all loose material that might be on your mouse-pad (including any "shedding" your pad may do) and deposit it on the rollers, rendering your mouse into nothing more than a device of frustration. You spend more time disassembling the thing to get the "tar" off the rollers than it's worth.

Comment

i was referring to the one with the big red ball on the top, not the old ball mice. oops, my mind was elsewhere. ive been thinking about those old mice lately.

My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                X