Darkplaces bug? player stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces bug? player stuck?

I don't know if it is a DarkPlaces bug or is a limitation of the collision detection system or is another thing. But when I make maps that are not square, or where some block pass trought other, the player get stuck in the places near that situation.

That happens always, I just think that it was some error in my QC code or something else, but not, only using the compiled .bsp file in a Quake One standard game (with original progs.dat) the player just get stuck in that places.

That is ugly and frustrating because I cannot make complex maps. Otherwise I always have the risk of left the player stucked in some place.

But I want to know if I must make my maps only squared and without one block passing over other (I mean for example a room where the walls just pass over the floor and ceiling).
    Maybe that is the wrong way (some mapper that can clarify me that?).

Because I suppose that it can be the block passing over other but when I create a eight side prism, it happen anyway without having blocks passing over others (I verified that).

Maybe Quake One does not support a too little grid? (grid 8 in NetRadiant).

I attached the example map.

Compile it as Quake 3 bsp and just get near the walls and jump and run and jump and run... you will notice that you will get stuck.

There are an image attached too if you want to see it.
    Attached Files
Working...
X