Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces Newbie Questions

Hello to all the DP gurus out there.
    I was wondering if one of you would be kind enough to tell me what the equivalent DP console command is for Proquake's test command ? For example, if I run Proquake and type the command below I get a listing of who is currently on the server (in this example its the damage server in the UK), and some additional information about the server.
    Command
    Code:
    test damage.servequake.com.
    Typical Output
    Code:
    test damage.servequake.com:26000
    Setting port to 26000
    Polarite
      frags:  2  colors:4 4  time:180
    Mr.Burns
      frags:  87  colors:6 6  time:280
    Needless to say the above example has been heavily edited
    If I try this is in DP it doesn't work. I did check the DP FAQ but it only seemed to have "net_slist" and as I'm not currently on a machine with DP I'm not sure it will give me the same information on non DP servers, so any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-08-2014, 07:14 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

@Burns

Unfortunately no. This is a pretty cool cmd too! I'll investigate further.

Comment

Hello Mr. Burns,

I am by far no multiplayer and have zero experience.
      Apropos told me that "status" might be what you want.

When starting or connected to a multiplayer server and then type status into console, the exact same infos are shown as you quoted in your post.

The only issue seems to be that you need to be already connected, which maybe makes it obsolete I guess ?

Just an idea. But I am sure others will drive by and post the correct answer/command.
      Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I was toying with the idea of making a DP friendly version of Polarite's excellent and simple quick server browser utility which uses the test command as it's backbone. Alas it's back to the drawing board I guess.

Thanks again
        Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Another newbie question if I may, I was trying to do some testing on the new particle capabilities of SMC this evening and thought the old Start map would be a familliar place to start. Normally if I go in to any other Quake client (proquake, Qrack, EngineX, DirectQ) and type map start I get the familiar start map....
          However, in darkplaces I get something completely different....

Any ideas why?

Kind regards

Monty
          Mr.Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            Another newbie question if I may, I was trying to do some testing on the new particle capabilities of SMC this evening and thought the old Start map would be a familliar place to start. Normally if I go in to any other Quake client (proquake, Qrack, EngineX, DirectQ) and type map start I get the familiar start map.... However, in darkplaces I get something completely different....

Any ideas why?

Kind regards

Monty
            Strange. I get the normal start map with DP. What command line are you using to start the game?

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
            -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

Hi SH,

Currently it is as follows:
              Code:
              darkplaces -game darkplaces -nocdaudio -bpp 32 -mem 128
              Also it's Darkplaces from 13th May 2014

Kind regards

Monty
              Mr.Burns

Comment

why are you using -game darkplaces? are you loading the dpmod? Or is darkplaces folder where you keep SMC? Also lemme see your condump. Thanks.

EDIT: Also remember whatever game folder you load it will load files from there first. So if you have a start.bsp in your darkplaces game folder that isn't the same as id1 start.bsp it will use the one in your game folder.
                Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-08-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Try without the "-game darkplaces". I don't think I even have a darkplaces folder, but there is a dpmod

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
                  -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

The -game darkplaces is just something aimed to stop cross polution of configs as I use different engines for different purposes (sp, mp, video production, etc) and have had issues in the past.

I've attached a Condump of me starting up DP and initialising a SP game which in turn loaded the "non ID" start map.

I hope this helps but if not I will try it without the -game option

Many thanks

Monty
                    Attached Files
                    Mr.Burns

Comment

These jump out at me.

Code:
                      ^7Added packfile id1/mod-extras.pak (66 files)

^7Added packfile id1/pak8.pak (2 files)

7^3Lovestart
                      ^7CL_SignonReply: 1
                      ^7CL_SignonReply: 2
                      ^7afk entered the game
                      ^7CL_SignonReply: 3
                      ^7CL_SignonReply: 4
                      ^7Compiling shader mode 2 permutation 0
                      ^7^5GLSL shader glsl/default.glsl depth/shadow compiled (0 textures).
                      ^7CSQC entity DB: lost a frame too early to do any handling (resending ALL)...
                      ^7Lost frame = 1
                      ^7Entity DB = -1 to -1
                      ^7]condump
                      ^7usage: condump <filename>
                      ^7]condump startMap_dp
                      This shows it's LoveStart

Use something like Pak Explorer or similar to see if anything inside there is overriding your start map. Basically look to see if any of them has a map folder with start.bsp in it. Also you can use a zip porgram or 7zip to check the pk3 files to make sure they also don't have anything that is conflicting.
                      Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-09-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

i recognise that map, its from a map-set i also have

solution: check your 'maps' folder for a map named 'start.bsp'.
                        you have a map there which is called start, which is why dp loads up that map instead of the standard ID1 start-map.

DP prioritizes files found seperately in folders over files in paks or pk3s, so therefor a map found in maps folder overwrites any maps with same name in paks
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello Monty,

As PrimalLover said, you have another start map overriting the one inside pak0.pak.
                          The titel of the other start map is "LoveStart". That is what your condump tells.

To keep your setting (having a separate "darkplaces" folder) and get rid of this issue you have to:
                          Put your original Quake pak0.pak and pak1.pak into your "darkplaces" subfolder.
                          That does the trick.

You can then keep your extension: darkplaces.exe -game darkplaces and keep your config files separated in different folders. And do not need to fiddle around with searching where the overriding start map is.

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

Evening all,

Firstly,Thank you to all that took the time to respond. It was much appreciated and very helpful.

Secondly for those that may encounter a similar problem in the future I hope that this may help them find a shortcut to the solution :
                            • Checked the C:\quake\darkplaces\maps folder and there were no files within it.
                            • Checked C:\quake\darkplaces and there is no progs.dat
                            • Checked the C:\quake\ID1 folder and there is no progs.dat
                            • Checked the C:\quake\ID1\Maps folders and BINGO!! there was a map called start.bsp in there. Renaming C:\quake\ID1\Maps\start.bsp to C:\quake\ID1\Maps\lovestart.bsp appears to have solved the problem. I suspect the map came from a 1000 brush map pack where it is the start map.

Once again. thank you to those that responded

Kind regards

Monty
                            Mr.Burns

Comment

Working...
                            X