texture glitches after upgrading to gtx760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texture glitches after upgrading to gtx760

after upgrading my rig I get great performance on DP however I get dark bits flashing periodically on textures that I find distracting. I am wondering if any other 760 users encountered this issue and have the knowledge to fix it?
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

it might be the same bug with nvidia drivers and md3 that a lot of people have asked about

try downgrading nvidia driver-version to 320.49,
    that driver-version doesnt have this bug with md3

I dont know if later versions of nvidia drivers still have this bug,
    but i recall any drivers from 327.23-335.23 have this same bug with md3 models

but you can try what i said anyway.
    Last edited by talisa; 10-05-2014, 06:41 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@Hoover1979

I experience this myself and it's usually a parallax mapping issue. Try using these cvars to see if you can diminish or get rid of the problem. But its possible you are talking about some other sort of graphical glitch. If you could also provide a screenshot.

r_glsl_offsetmapping
      r_glsl_offsetmapping_scale
      r_glsl_offsetmapping_reliefmapping // This is the one that may be the big culprit

You can turn it off completely with the first cvar. Also you can experiment with the different cvars related to reliefmapping by typing apropos "reliefmapping" in the console and it will bring up a list of commands you can try experimenting with. I have never completely solved this issue myself. Hope this helps.

I have a Galaxy GTX 670 GC.

Comment

Downgrading the drivers hit the spot! Thanks Guys!
        Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Comment

sure thing, glad to be able to help
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@talisa

Yes the latest version still has it. And I need to keep the latest for other reason so I am stuck with it. But some cvar changes do improve it for me.

Comment

I have the same issue with the 760 also, but I like those things on! I don't wish to downgrade anything. :/ Oh well.

Comment

Working...
              X