Qrack gun flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qrack gun flicker

Everything runs great in qrack except all the guns models flicker/shake in 1st person view. No other flickering of any kind, just the gun models. I've installed and removed the qrack 'add on' pak files to check and the gun flickering still exists). Most of the other posts I've seen on 'fllickering' for the newer quake clients are about flickering in general, not just gun-in-hand type stuff. No problem with ezquake gun flicker (and I assume qrack and ezquake share the same gun model/textures when I remove qrack's add on paks). Here is the only HUD stuff I have in my autoexec:

scr_centersbar 1
    scr_sbaralpha 0
    scr_scoreboard_fillalpha 0
    cl_sbar 0
    cl_sbar_style 1
    cl_sbar_drawface

edit: for reference I do have "qrp-maptextures-2007-10-06r2.pk3" in my id1 folder...an addon I installed when I first downloaded ezquake years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by CoachHines; 12-04-2014, 03:50 PM.

cl_muzzleflash maybe?

what kind of flicker are we talking about, when +attack is used?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

No, mainly when just running around the level...switching dynamic lights on off didn't help. It's just a slight flicker/shake of the model body when I'm moving.

Comment

you could try these to remove all movement of the model..

cl_rollangle 0
        cl_bob 0
        cl_pitch 0
        cl_ (some others will show up if you do the cl_ and hit tab button)
        I know what you are referring to but I think that is GL related as I haven't witnessed it happen for a few years,completely my fault there.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thanks, most of your cl_ suggestions are already in my autoexec. It really seems texture/lighting related...like the game is skipping a rendering frame for just that model/texture...or it's not sure what model texture to call (i.e. choosing duplicates from two different sources and trying to render them both....or something....I'm not a programmer

Maybe I've got some redundunt stuff, texture/model wise,...something that is in the main qrack pak file that's newer than my ancient id1 folder and thus a conflict. I do not recall having this issue with joequake (I had it installed for a day before moving to qrack) and of course ezquake runs glitch free as always for me.

Comment

in my experience, a fresh quake install should never get left-overs from previous installs. This is just my own recent revelation

Comment

r_drawviewmodel 1

its possible your card doesnt like translucent models?

i have a stable build that i can post
              in time for christmas

which version are you running?
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I'm using Qrack2.011.3467, the only version I saw currently on the site. My gfx card is an older one (nvidia 8800GTS)...the drivers are *slightly" older (the best I found, given the games I play regularly...always a trade off with nvidia and their driver roll outs).

Mind (*): I agree, that texture pack I referred to above was new when I reisntalled quake (it was recommeded for ezquake at the time) and I think that's the only extraneous stuff, texture/model wise, that's in there. Maybe there is some overriding going on that I've missed.

I'm going to swap out to the latest version of the QRP pak (ver 1.0) and maybe the item texture pak (ver .73) see if that does anything. fingers crossed!

Comment

atleast try this build...

http://quakeone.com/qrack/dist/qrack_4474.zip

i used to have an 8800 so i know that should work find.

Comment

Thanks a lot...but, no change on the gun model flicker front Got me stumped...flickering, tearing as a widespread phenom I get...but this, not so much. I'll keep experimenting. And the thing about translucency on the wep models...is that different than how it is handled by ezquake? i'm using ver 1.9 build 2253.

Comment

can u post or pm me your cfg (just the variable portion)

i've never seen this effect myself.

Comment

The way he describes it , puts me in the mind of that Z-axis fighting, like when a door is in wall,except its happening on the viewmodel

Comment

Working...
                        X