"Y to exit" prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Y to exit" prompt

I can't recall what variable (console, command line startup) disables the "press Y to exit" prompt...

Now that I think of it: isn't there a list somewhere full of you-can-do-this-that-way tips & tricks for those console commands?

just press F10 if you want quit game without prompt?

F10 insta-quits the game
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

F10 also displays the "press Y to quit" dialog.

Comment

~quit<enter> should work...
        Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

depends what client; in Qrack use cl_confirmquit 1/0
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I haven't tested it but I wonder if cl_confirmquit 0/1 in your ProQuake config.cfg might have something to do with it.

Edit: Darn it - Missed the reply from the Mighty Rook

Kind regards

Monty
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-22-2015, 01:55 PM.
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

hmm really? i use darkplaces and for me if i press F10 it doesnt ask and insta-quits the engine

didnt know that some engines changed that behaviour.
              although i guess that makes sense, since its quite annoying if you press it accidentailly while you meant to press F9 to quick-load
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I remember when I got back into Quake, was playing on a server with Darkplaces client, forget what one, I asked about a command that I could not remember. One player said F10. lol. Yes, I did it too.

Comment

type the word "phocus"
                  Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Working...
                  X