Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software engines

There's a few good ones around.

FTE Quakeworld is a QW engine that supports alot of stuff including Hexen II, Quake2 and even Quake III Arena, it's generally an all-in-one engine but crashes heavily in singleplayer.

Makaqu is a rather lesser known engine mainly developed in a dreamcast quake community, however it's got good features as well

ToChriS was one of the first improved software engines with basic interpolation, skyboxes and faster fps (yes, my p100 scored 28fps which is more than i got with ol' dosquake (23fps))

I made some enhanced in-line help with software engines in mind, but discovered that with the exception of the software version of JoeQuake, you actually would have replace them in the pak file. That being too complicated, didn't pan out.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

You can try converting those to 8bit lmps and have it loaded as pak2.pak.

Comment

They use the Quake palette and I have .lmp versions. I view paks as confusing, especially if someone is already using some, and then you have "pak management" issues where you have 6 paks and don't know what each one is.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X