Darkplaces cvar help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces cvar help

Seven's "interesting cvars" thread being closed, I'm not sure where to post this so I made this new thread. Apologies if it's a duplicate but I lack the will to rummage through the hundreds of threads here to find my answer.

Of course, anybody with cvar-related questions can post them here and with a little luck, this thread will grow and we'll be able to centralize all cvar-related info in one place.

So here goes:

1) cl_decals_time, cl_decals_fadetime: would setting any of these cvars to 0 make the decals stay forever? And if not, how do I do that?

2) Quakespasm has centerprint messages dumped to console. This is very useful because sometimes you don't have the time to read them entirely. Is there a cvar in DP to achieve the same result?
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-22-2016, 05:59 PM.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

DarkPlaces (and FTE) have a command called apropos.

type: apropos decals

It'll return a list of cvars that have the word decal in the description. So at least you can filter down to stuff that relates to decals.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks, I'll play with the values to see how they affect performance on my rig.

@Baker Apropos lists the cvars but except in some cases it doesn't mention the possible values. Does it in FTE?
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
        1) cl_decals_time, cl_decals_fadetime: would setting any of these cvars to 0 make the decals stay forever? And if not, how do I do that?
        cl_decals_time 65535?

edit: you also might need to increase the number of max decals too.
        Last edited by R00k; 10-26-2016, 11:22 AM.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
        X