darkplaces & texture names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkplaces & texture names

Can anyone please enlighten me about renaming the Quake Remodelling Project textures in order to make them work with DP?

I've renamed armor_0.tga to armor.mdl_0.tga as per instructions, and yeah, it works, but what do I do with the rest of the files? F. ex. renaming med3_0.tga to med3.mdl_0.tga seems to accomplish nothing... Also - how to rename the multiframe textures (+n_med100.tga)? And where does the _luma suffix go? I scanned the docs but they're quite vague about this particular case, so... Anyone?

1. For map textures, put in c:\quake\id1\textures

2. For health box/ammo box textures ... these are "brush models" aka (.bsp!) -- these AREN'T models, although everyone thinks of them like that --- so also put them in c:\quake\id1\textures

3. Armor/weapons textures ---> c:\quake\id1\progs. These are the ONLY ones that you need to insert .mdl (armor_0.tga to armor.mdl_0.tga)

At some point there will be a DarkPlaces compatible version of a couple of texture sets in file downloads, but there are a lot of other things in "the queue".

Also - how to rename the multiframe textures (+n_med100.tga)?
    Don't! It's #2 above. Goes in c:\quake\id1\textures

And where does the _luma suffix go
    It is a map texture, those all go -- unaltered --- into c:\quake\id1\textures --- aka #1 above.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hey, Baker, thanks for the prompt reply!

In the readme.txt it says to extract all the stuff into quake\id1\textures\progs; I renamed the armor files and left the rest intact. The result: armor texture works, everything else does not.

Following Your instructions, I've now dumped everything (i.e. medkit & ammo box textures) except the armor files into quake\id1\textures -- still, this does nothing. I've dumped it into quake\id1\progs too, to make sure everything has been tried -- no such luck.

And it's really the only thing I have problems with - all the map texture packs and Ogro models work flawlessly.

Doushita, doushita?

EDIT:

D'oh! Forget it... I had b_batt0.bsp and all other ammo crate bsps sitting in id1/maps for some reason, overriding the whole thing....

Uh, sorry for taking up Your time.
      Last edited by catspuke; 07-30-2006, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X