• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equake

and now an important message

Uh..... I never paid for Quake but my bro's friend did 10 years ago

Comment

Canadian*Sniper; I received my first copy for Christmas in 96, bought another copy 5 years down the road cause my original was scratched up, and last June won a contest so I have another one in perfect condition, well, perfect aside from John Romero practicing his signature with a catchy slogan all over the inside of the casing.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

owning quake is great

however, seeing warez stuff like this makes me mad

Comment

I've bought Quake twice. Quake is still available for sale at the ID site:

Buy Quake at IDSoftware - $25 instant download

I wish Id Software would just make Quake freeware; it will never be threat to any newer games. I suppose they have their reasons for not doing it.

I am very uncomfortable with the eQuake download containing pak1.pak. And I am disappointed that a couple of sites link to it on their homepage. I feel that represents a lack of gratitude towards ID Software and additionally I don't feel like sites that do that are fully respectable.

I think the $25 price tag is too much for a 10 year old game.

I guess the thing that most bothers me is that you can find old stuff at stores like Duke Nukem for $5 in the bargain bin, but they don't do that with Quake.

While pak1.pak is illegal to distribute, it is possible to make legally free mods and servers running custom maps. If luck and time permit, there will eventually be additional servers running other mods like xCTF that are fully FreeQuake compatible, legal and therefore promotable.

But we already have a lot of irons in the fire, so that will not be immediate.

We feel that it is too early to promote FreeQuake (http://freequake.quakeone.com) due to it being limited current to a single server and we eventually would like to standardize several custom maps to come with the download to be deployed to the servers to increase the map selection and the fun.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i'm also just as dissapointed when alot of the quake-related channels on quakenet link to it in the topic too

wasn't goatse created to combat against such quake warez in the first place?

Comment

lol did it really say (The real deal) on it?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

little off topic but go to ids "buy/download quake" page and look at the screenshots: weird stuff there.

one of the shots shows the old super-nailgun (the brown, drum-shaped looking gun) and another one with the hellknights in it shows some really interesting looking gibs that never made it to the final game

Ah, I remember being 14 and drooling over the itty-bitty snapshots of Quake that would occasionally pop up in a magazine. And how nobody knew what the hell it was going to be about but they all wanted it.

then it came out, and the same editors who praised its development badmouthed it as being inconsistent, and non-interactive

...Looking back it really wouldve been so much better if you could piss in a toilet, slip a dollar to a hellknight or play a game of pool(/sarcasm)

Comment

I dont even know what to say too you cheapy, this whole anti-equake seems so bizzare..

eQuake is nice to have and almost all ppl I know that used eQuake have bought it!

If use a program like winrar alot and have the crack version of it, u will buy it eventually as I did! eQuake is just a collection of all good stuff a newbie needs to get Quake started, dont be negative about it, its good for the community that ppl are spending time on this and trying to make the community bigger.
                    PPL WILL BUY Quake if they like it, if they dont, they simply delete the game

Comment

making an own package of the quake shareware is not legal, it must be distributed as is (meaning you need 2 packs, 1 with your shit, and 1 with the original quake shareware zip).

so your freequake bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by sassa
                        I dont even know what to say too you cheapy, this whole anti-equake seems so bizzare..

eQuake is nice to have and almost all ppl I know that used eQuake have bought it!

If use a program like winrar alot and have the crack version of it, u will buy it eventually as I did! eQuake is just a collection of all good stuff a newbie needs to get Quake started, dont be negative about it, its good for the community that ppl are spending time on this and trying to make the community bigger.
                        Agreed. I always want to test out the product before I buy it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Canadian*Sniper
                          I always want to test out the product before I buy it.
                          Thats why there is the shareware, which allows for 9 levels of play, all of the weapons, can theoretically have mods and engines, and multiplayer. This allows you to try, and then when you buy, get even more out of it. You get over 1/4th of the game, legally. Thats a pretty good deal and allows for an informed decision.
                          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by Smala
                            making an own package of the quake shareware is not legal, it must be distributed as is (meaning you need 2 packs, 1 with your shit, and 1 with the original quake shareware zip).

so your freequake bullshit is just that, bullshit.
                            Um, check the FreeQuake page. That's exactly what we did. There are 3 separate downloads, the first being the shareware install only.

The 2nd and 3rd links are other Quake clients.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by sassa

The fact is he is not granted the right to redistribute Quake (in full) and it is copyright infringement. I don't care how "old" it is, id also still sells their older doom games, so what's the point of defending warez?

you qw guys don't take these matters seriously do you

Comment

Working...
                              X