QRACK v1.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work Rook. Much appreciated

Being a fan of Qrack I'll try the new version when I get home. Now if there was something you could do to stop Qrack 'sticking' when playing Quake Slide in single player mode, or for that matter Multiplayer on any server other than polarite's what's left of my hair would be most grateful :d (I appreciate that could well be a problem with the mod but it's strange that you don't get it when repeating the same process with proquake - go figure).

Anyway, well done and huzzah for Rook

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I updated the .zip file today with build 1901, which fixes the decal-stair stick bug, also the SLIDE mod should work now...
      If you already downloaded the .zip u can get the updated .exe --> here
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response Rook,

Downloaded the 1901 link, unpacked everything except the .txt, fired up Qrack > single player (slide), went to slide2 (mod and maps obtained from the Megazoid's Quaketerminus site) and... no change . Maybe it's a config problem on my system that somehow affects qrack but not proquake, or even a 'server' setting?. Thanks for all your efforts anyway

Kind regards

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

hmm not sure i just downloaded that mod and tried it out... i didnt get stuck on anything particular... is there a corner or a part of a certain map u get stuck on? fun mod sv_friction 0 whoah! zooooom!

Comment

I'm losing the QMB shaft somehow after a while. I ran around a few maps and noticed that the shaft wasn't rendering the QMB particle thing, I tried turning it to classic and back to see if it fixed it and unfortunately it didn't.

I'll do some better documentation on it later. I like this build quite a bit.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              hmm not sure i just downloaded that mod and tried it out... i didnt get stuck on anything particular... is there a corner or a part of a certain map u get stuck on?
              I'm sorry to say it's lots of areas in lots of maps and as I recall =peg= (another Qrack user) said he gets the same problem. Maybe sv_friction 0 might do the trick? If not, I'll demo a few attempted runs, put them somewhere suitable and get back to you.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              fun mod sv_friction 0 whoah! zooooom!
              Try Polarite's server when there's 3 or 4 or you racing at once. Great fun trying to get around Peg's notoriously huge backside !

Kr's

Monty
              Mr.Burns

Comment

sv_friction 0 isnt the way to fix, it was just a coment i made that i was testing the mod, and setting friction 0 just made me slide around more...

Comment

Okay,downloaded Qrack 1.80 and my first problem with this (and possibly the last one,or the only one...oops,spoke to soon after alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode!)

-gamma 0.5 Command line Gamma control does not affect the gamma.
                  in-game Gamma controlDoes not affect the gamma.

Notes : I'm using -window mode, I've used -window mode for probably 3-4 years now, I am always alt-tabbing out of Quake,and I find it much easier to use window mode,+ I get more FPS using window mode....
                  gl_laserpoint when I select "Fast mode" , it has a nasty "Trailing" effect,so far I've turned everything off in options that I see after turning on "High Quality" and its running fast like in Fast Mode, but isnt having a laser trailing effect.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

and im getting cl_writetoserver CANNOT SEND over and over

maybe something to do with -iplog ?
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

in game, in the console type gl_gamma 0.5 should work

u dont need -iplog anymore its set on always.

Comment

gamma doesnt work at all in -window mode.

I dont know of many people who use -window mode, but to me,its essential for multitasking properly ;O

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          gamma doesnt work at all in -window mode.
                          He's right, only contrast works with -window

Comment

Whatever happened to the "Tell" command in Quake? where you could tell a specific person something? or am I thinking of something else? I think it would be nice to get some kind of deal setup where admin's could issue warnings without having to discuss a player's personal issue without having the whole server jump in on the conversation?

Another thing, I'm sure theres got to be a way to ignore people. Like for instance, if player1 was playing quake on a server and player2 wouldn't stfu while he played by spamming "I HATE CAMPERS!!!" the whole game, couldn't there be a function in Qrack where you hit tab to show a scoreboard and this would free the mouse up and you could click on someones name to "un-highlight" them and this would discontinue their messages from showing up on your console/screen? Just some ideas

This would solve, player confrontation (if you don't ignore the person who's causing you trouble then your both in the wrong. also it would lead to less arguments because if someone didn't want to hear what the other person had to say ~ignore and its nothing but silence from them, this would help out on Clan Arena servers where we don't have the best of friendship sometimes

Admin-mute/kick/ban should only be a last resort, I have yet to use admin-mute,admin-ban, admin-kick on Dredd, not because Dredd is invincible to people who try to ruin the game but because they are dealt with properly(apparently they have issues so its my job to fix it as best I can.). Admining up should be a last resort! Not the first thing you do when you join a server. I know I hate to admin up to fix other people's BS but its what needs to be done, if 90% of this BS can be fixed by letting the players ignore individuals then that's half the battle right there and nobody can scream "ADMIN ABUSE!" when they get ignored by another player, it will just be obvious that they are annoying someone.

Maybe this could also be worked in to the new ProQuake 3.60, I just wanted to post it here because I'm so use to bothering R00k about my damn intermission Jeopardy theme

*COUGH JEOPARDY! COUGH*

Last edited by Phenom; 06-11-2007, 01:20 AM.
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

i like that client-side muting thing... me wants that!

Comment

cl_mute 1 = silent mm1 (open channel)
                                cl_mute 2 = every1 shaddup!

Comment

Working...
                                X