QRACK v1.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i mean muting a specific player only

btw the scoreboardpings are still fupped up.. on cr-mod servers that is.. it only seems to work correctly during intermission somehow.. it does work fine on CAx servers tho..

could this issue be ticrate related? couse GCHQ is running .025 ticrate i believe..
    Last edited by =peg=; 06-18-2007, 10:22 AM.

Comment

ya i cant figure out why the timings are off for pings, from server to server.. constantly tweaking that code.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

gamma control in windowed modes

I cant remember where Mindzx posted this bug but here's the fix i tracked down

to enable gamma control on "-window" modes set "vid_hwgammacontrol 2"
        I have since forced this to default.

Comment

QRACK v1.82 *BETA release!!

Working on a new version with some minor tweaks for user friendly setup...
          It's not a complete update, but I thought I could release a beta version for bug reports or suggestions...

>>DOWNLOAD HERE QRACK v1.82 BETA<<

What's New:
          ================================================
          v1.82 beta

added crosshair selector in the multiplayer/setup menu
          added video setup menu option to change resolutions in-game.
          added scr_sbaralpha cvar for cl_sbar 0 overlay (transparent sbar background)
          set vid_hwgammacontrol default to 2 for windows mode
          changed, r_wateralpha_distance: only compares height distance from player to water now.
          q_version command to output version information to messagemode1

plus some other things I'm sure I forgot...:d

This is just the executable, final version will include a cleaned up pak0.pak and full source.

Comment

added video setup menu option to change resolutions in-game.
            Nice!

vid_hwgammacontrol default to 2 for windows mode
            This allows windowed mode gamma change for those that don't know.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

qmb effects dont seem to work.. the particle menu is named "light bloom"
              the "light bloom" option either doesnt work or the menu is just fubar..

hud is kinda fucked too but i guess that is easy to fix with some cvar..

didnt test the ingame res changer but if it works that IS a nice feature

just some feedback from a quick test.. ill stick to 1.8 for now

Comment

Right, this beta is meant for public testing/tweaking, dont replace the last version just yet

Since the way that the system now reads the cfg file for resolutions including the console/sbar width I had to default the conwidth to 50% of the screen resolution. Like on my 1440x900 flatpanel my sbar is 720x450 (easier to read by default).

VID_CONWIDTH is the cvar, and it will automatically adjust the conheight based on your monitors aspect ratio. Also, con_textsize for adjusting the size of the console charset.I did want to add a charset selection option, and some other things for multiplayer settings. but kinda just didnt want 100 options on 4 screen pages...

I threw in the light blooms this morning before i went to work so I'll have to look over it again, should be just a simple cvar toggle though i may have a menu coordinate off, thus its selecting another option.

is there anything not related to MENUs that someone wants added?
                I am working on new icons for simple items, (models are replaced by SPRITES) nice and fast on CTF games

Comment

R00k, is there an option to turn on/off centered crosshair? Off being default quake's off-center crosshair.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    is there anything not related to MENUs that someone wants added? I am working on new icons for simple items, (models are replaced by SPRITES) nice and fast on CTF games
                    The #1 most annoying thing to me in Qrack is that there is a delay the first time a particular sound is played. Like a slight stutter.

FuhQuake doesn't do this and ezQuake doesn't either of course -- at least not as far as I've ever been able to tell. Are those engines preloading the sound to avoid that or something?

In ProQuake, it is never noticeable so I have to assume that JoeQuake's sound code is not doing something other engines did and this was inherited in Qrack?

Because I've never noticed this in DarkPlaces either. Qrack and JoeQuake both have the sound caching stutter real bad.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Have you tried increasing heapsize? Sounds and models are loaded when they're precached, but they may get pushed out if heapsize is too low and then they have to be loaded again from disk.

Comment

Also, the sound code in Qrack doesn't allow for wavonly. I'm probalby the only person who uses wavonly, but it would be nice if Qrack supported it.

Comment

Originally posted by aguirRe View Post
                          Have you tried increasing heapsize? Sounds and models are loaded when they're precached, but they may get pushed out if heapsize is too low and then they have to be loaded again from disk.
                          I was using mem -32. I'll try -mem 64, although usually in the past -mem 32 seemed sufficient.

Comment

make sure sound precache is set to 1

Comment

Is that a cvar or command line parameter? I didn't know Qrack had that.

Comment

normal quake "precache 1", i changed in qrack to "SND_precache", i think ezquake uses s_precache...

Comment

Working...
                                X