QRACK v1.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GibsonXXI View Post
    Using the latest nVidia drivers (178.13) with QRack 1.85 the V-Sync option doesn't work in the menu. Clicking it does nothing, checking the console reveals the following message:

Unknown variable "vid_vsync".

Also further up in the console I get the following:

Warning: Vertical Sync Not Supported (Extension Not Found).
    If the driver isn't supporting vertical sync, the cvar vid_vsync doesn't get registered.

And if the driver isn't supporting vertical sync, there isn't anything Qrack can do to make it use it.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• V-sync is available in the nvidia control panel, and seems to work in nQuake/ezQuake, DarkPlaces and all my D3D modern games.

But not in Qrack.

Comment

• Make sure u switch on application controlled, in the driver setting in the nVidia control panel?
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Yup, tried that. Also tried "force on".

The drivers support vsync, and i'm assuming by the replies to my question, so does Qrack, but the two are not seeing each other.

Will try a complete driver removal to VGA and re-install. Will post findings.

Comment

• Complete driver removal seemed to fix it. It's not perfect, but it's playable now, where it wasn't before. Must of been some leftovers when I installed the previous beta drivers. I'll know to use Guru3d driver sweeper next time

I've downloaded Rygel's texture mod for Darkplaces, but I'd also like to try it with QRack, my question is, where do the items, weapons and powerups models go? Each client seems to require a different directory for these.

Finally, does QRack support the fog & lighting (rlites?) effects present in Darkplaces? If not are there any plans to add these features to QRack?

Comment

• No, sorry, it might never the way Quake is going.

Back in 2000 it was cool to add a ton of useless crap to any engine to say looky here. But, any $15 game today can beat any quake engine in the gfx department. So, now, lets focus on gameplay and community. Quake doesnt need more gfx it needs more players.
              Last edited by R00k; 10-11-2008, 11:09 PM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• IMHO Getting players to play will depend on providing the features they want to see. At the end of the day, most if not all the eye-candy is toggle-able, so it's down to user preference what is used.

There's a lot of effects in DP that greatly improve the game's ambience for me, but then again, there are other things Havoc has left out that are present in QRack. No one client seems to tick all the boxes. Having said that, when your spoilt for choice, as we are, it's hard not to start wishing for the moon on a stick I guess.

From a personal standpoint, i don't play Quake for online play. It's too fast paced for my poor reflexes to cope with, let alone my poor response times with wireless optical mice I've used up until now. I play it to reminise about when I played it first time round back in '96-'97, but with updated graphics. For me, the eye-candy is where it's at. I apprieciate i'm in a minority here.

As for the models... where do i place them to get QRack to see / load / use them? I got the textures to work, but can't seem to get weps and items to work properly.

Comment

• yeah, I think Qrack looks great the way it is. its still really fast too. any new betas or alphas?

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
                  X