No announcement yet.

QRACK v1.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to get the 8 button support to work in Qrack? It works right on start in both FuhQuake and ezQuake for me.

Doesn't work for me in JoeQuake 0.15 either.

Is this just me?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i think u need to have -m_mwhook on the commandline and logitech mouseware loaded, with mwhook.dll in the quake folder.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        i think u need to have -m_mwhook on the commandline and logitech mouseware loaded, with mwhook.dll in the quake folder.
        Something is rotten in Denmark!

I built FuhQuake-gl.exe from the source and slapped it into a empty Quake folder that only had pak0.pak, pak1.pak and the QW spprogs.dat (single player QuakeC progs).

I typed "bind mouse5 "say hi"" in the console and pressed the button and viola! This doesn't work in Qrack or JoeQuake 0.15 (or DarkPlaces or Quake3 either).

My command line: e:\basequake\fuhquake-gl.exe -nolibpng -nolibjpeg

I do not have Mouseware installed (a mouse should not need software, I'd never install such a thing ) and did not use any cvars or command line parameters.

I want to add 8 button mouse support to my project too, of course.

IF I discover why this works in FuhQuake when compiled from the source, but not Qrack, I'll post it.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          I've got this solved and I was wrong, the 8 button mouse support doesn't work properly in FuhQuake or ezQuake with -dinput.

It was a pain to solve, but I now have full-time always working 8 button mouse support that works with or without -dinput. To my knowledge, no other engine does this and I had to do a lot of research.

The solution is complicated, but basically it involves using DirectInput 7.0 libraries or later AND changing the DINPUT input structure in in_win.c (if you look at it, you will notice that it only accomodates 4).

When I get a chance, I'll clean up the source it up and show you how I did it.

And it works instantly with or without -dinput, no mouseware or any other weirdness is required.

Comment

nice! I couldnt get -m_mwhook working on my drivers so i think its abit outdated...

I tried bind mouse# "echo mouse#" (# = 1- 8 )
            and the only thing shows up in console is mouse1 - 4, 5-8 are ignored
            and it only showed up with -dinput
            Last edited by R00k; 07-10-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Since I can't use code tags effectively in this forum, I posted the information at http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=73240

Too bad vbulletin's code tags suck compared to PHPBB.

Comment

Here's an updated beta (without the 8-button support).
                Includes a pak0.pak with new simple items "sprites" and blood textures...
                cleaned up the menus and increased limits on things to reduce packet overflow for Monster's frikbot waypoints. Also increased support for Travail.

>> DOWNLOAD HERE Qrack v1.83 beta <<

Comment

Nice r00k! I'll check this out and thanks for the concern about the packet overflows. Increasing the entity limits should make Qrack an overall more powerful engine. Probably will get better framerates too !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    Nice r00k! I'll check this out and thanks for the concern about the packet overflows. Increasing the entity limits should make Qrack an overall more powerful engine. Probably will get better framerates too !
                    Might have unintended consequences, though. Emphasis on the word might.

Might break demo compatibility where Qrack demos can't necessarily be played in other engines in some circumstances or maybe all. Might also affect ability of other clients to connect to a Qrack in -listen server mode.

There was an old thread where I discussed this topic with Joszef and he explained why he didn't do this in JoeQuake.

The guy that would really know the answer is aguirRe who is very familiar with this topic and has demo conversion utility that can turn non-standard demos. Enhanced GLQuake demos are not compatible with other engines without using his demo conversion utility. DarkPlaces demos are not compatible with other engines either.

Comment

Qrack doesn't seem to save my config when I exit. It just erases everything when I exit and start it up again. All of my key bindings aren't there anymore I'm using a different -game also.

Comment

cfg_savevars 1 <--- should force Qrack to save everything

Comment

Thats what I had it set to

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            There was an old thread where I discussed this topic with Joszef and he explained why he didn't do this in JoeQuake.
                            I would love to read that thread. Because to my information demos are network data saved. If you can't play a demo from other engine, bets are that you can't also connect to that engine as server! (darkplaces and telejano are special because the protocol is negotiated, so is finned tunned for other clients).

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              Whatever happened to the "Tell" command in Quake? where you could tell a specific person something? or am I thinking of something else? I think it would be nice to get some kind of deal setup where admin's could issue warnings without having to discuss a player's personal issue without having the whole server jump in on the conversation?

Another thing, I'm sure theres got to be a way to ignore people. Like for instance, if player1 was playing quake on a server and player2 wouldn't stfu while he played by spamming "I HATE CAMPERS!!!" the whole game, couldn't there be a function in Qrack where you hit tab to show a scoreboard and this would free the mouse up and you could click on someones name to "un-highlight" them and this would discontinue their messages from showing up on your console/screen? Just some ideas
                              I think this is doable serverside. Has the server "mirror" the say_team command and may mirror say_team [netname] in a special way so only player with that name receive that say_team message.
                              A server with that feature may announce it on the connection message(the one that wrote on the client console the name of the map loaded).

Comment

I meant to link the thread, I thought I did when I was posting.

Here it is:

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewto...ghlight=packet

It isn't a very interesting thread, but basically I asked Joszef a couple of years back if he could increase the limits that would make some of the "packet overflow maps" play.

He explained he'd love to do it, but it would break compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X