• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QRACK v1.80

Yes! It's time for another release!

http://www.quakeone.com/qrack

Here's a quick summary of what's new...

Added: ability to change status bar resolution independant from console resolution!!
    Added: gl_laserpoint - replacement for the crosshair to a laserpointer!
    Added TEST on serverlist to show players currently online in the Menu
    Added internal .loc file maker/editor with in game outlined boxes showing the
    location definitions.

and much more additions and bug fixes...

thanks to Lightning Hunter, Lord Havoc, Yellow #5, and everyone else who helped make this release possible!

Submit bug splats/feature requests to [email protected] or P.M me here!

This sounds like a great release. I re-read your post and it said to send bug reports via private message or mail so I did that (I had posted it here).

The one bug I found, I private messaged the description and a copy of the config.cfg where I had the problem.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Fixed, the above download contains the proper fix Thanks
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ehm, I actually just now ran into the stairs bug. You sure you fixed it? Baker is right, it seems to happen if you shoot a gun while running up the stairs at the same time.

Oh, and I did clear my cache and made sure I grabbed the newest version this time.

Comment

Questions about the latest build:

I *really* wanna try this out:

"Added: ability to change status bar resolution independant from console resolution!!"

How do I do it? Do I use cvars or the command line somehow? This is one of the best things added to Qrack since I love anything that makes engine setup easier.

Little things I noticed about the latest build:

1. The stairs bug; it seems to still be there. Doesn't affect online play of course.
          2. I noticed typing cmdline in the console doesn't do it's thing.
          3. I like what you did with cvarlist, but could those quotes be removed?
          4. It seems like every 3rd or 4th shot of the shotgun using QMB particles doesn't do a puff of smoke.
          5. I ran into the triangles instead of "classic particles thing again" only after a Qrack restart. It appears a cvar is not saving because if I go to Video Options and then manually switch all the particles to QMB and back to classic, it works fine again.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            Questions about the latest build:

I *really* wanna try this out:

"Added: ability to change status bar resolution independant from console resolution!!"

How do I do it? Do I use cvars or the command line somehow? This is one of the best things added to Qrack since I love anything that makes engine setup easier.

Little things I noticed about the latest build:

1. The stairs bug; it seems to still be there. Doesn't affect online play of course.
            2. I noticed typing cmdline in the console doesn't do it's thing.
            3. I like what you did with cvarlist, but could those quotes be removed?
            4. It seems like every 3rd or 4th shot of the shotgun using QMB particles doesn't do a puff of smoke.
            5. I ran into the triangles instead of "classic particles thing again" only after a Qrack restart. It appears a cvar is not saving because if I go to Video Options and then manually switch all the particles to QMB and back to classic, it works fine again.
            1.> hmm I've looked thru sv_physics.c and dont see anything thats different from 1.60. wonder if its a cvar setting...
            2.> will check... shuold show what u had as a cmdline when u started up
            3.> sure
            4.> hmm havent noticed this.
            5.> this could bedo to me forcing QMB particles ON by default...

once u start Qrack, type vid_conwidth ### I'd suggest 320 if your using > 1024...

then type con_textsize 4

I used the same cvars as DarkPlaces so that people who bounce between engines could use same cfg, kinda how i did with ProQuake cvars...

I tried to make this version outta the box ready with minimal tweaks to get up and running by setting alot of the defaults to what is a norm.... i guess v1.81 is in order

Comment

well oddly build 1898 and 1899 using default cfg had this stairsetp bug, but when i copied over my cfg to a clean install build 1898/1899 didnt produce this stairstep bug. So something is wraong with one of the cvar settings.. ill track it down

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                well oddly build 1898 and 1899 using default cfg had this stairsetp bug, but when i copied over my cfg to a clean install build 1898/1899 didnt produce this stairstep bug. So something is wraong with one of the cvar settings.. ill track it down
                Yeah, I noticed if I messed around a lot and turned stuff off and on, it no longer happened.

used the same cvars as DarkPlaces so that people who bounce between engines could use same cfg
                Cool! I'm all for similar cvars in engines.

Comment

"Holy sleepless night Batman!"

ok so.. after hours standing on my head... I tracked the bug down to this piece of code... of all things, it was the new decal routine causing this!! WTH?!

Maybe Lord Havoc can explain this?

Code:
                  void R_SpawnDecalStatic(vec3_t org, int tex, int size)
                  {
                  	vec3_t org2;
                  	trace_t	trace;	
                  	int	i;

if (!qmb_initialized)
                  		return;

if ((!decals_enabled) || (!particle_mode))
                  		return;

if (!free_decals)
                  	{
                  		return;
                  	}

memset (&trace, 0, sizeof(trace_t));

for (i = 0; i<32 ;i++)//R00k sigh this is a hack! (for some reason the decal is not drawn every time!)
                  	{
                  		VectorRandom(org2);
                  		VectorMA(org, i, org2, org2);

if (!SV_RecursiveHullCheck(cl.worldmodel->hulls, 0, 0, 1, org, org2, &trace))
                  		{
                  			if (trace.fraction < 1)
                  			{
                  				R_SpawnDecal(trace.endpos, trace.plane.normal, vec3_origin, tex, size);
                  				return;
                  			}
                  		}	
                  	}
                  }
                  I can't see why that would affect the player movement Baker u can test by toggledecal and shoot shotgun, toggle again and try it. Also works if your just running against a wall at an angle....

Comment

Heheh, I feel for ya That must have been no fun at all.

Perhaps this has something to do with why -- at least last time I checked -- DarkPlaces doesn't play friendly with Q1EDGE.

I didn't try running around Q1EDGE with Qrack, but the bug felt very similar to DarkPlaces' weirdness on that map.

Comment

Hi I have been on dialup since 1997 , one problem I have with qrack is shaft. When I attack their is no lag in my lighting gun client side. Yet I know their is server side. The lag is not displayed on my client , so when I attack , the attack is carried out as if I have lan ping. No delay in my shaft is shown. Can this be fixed?
                      "

Comment

Set cl_truelightning 0. True lightning is also know as "fake shaft", that just draws the shaft updates clientside, instead of waiting for the server to respond where you are actually aiming. This can help smooth out the way the shaft is displayed, but also when you think your hitting something you might not be because the server, and the latency, has the last word

Comment

Thanks R00k, I also have another frequent problem that has happened to me usually every day.

SZ_GetSpace : overflow without allowoverflow set.

what do I do? my qrack is crashing
                          "

Comment

i think that's from not using -zone 1024 in the command line. this will allocate 1 kb of memory for any aliases you might be using.

Comment

true, Qrack allocates 512kb for alias by default but if u frequent Runequake, or other servers that are heavy on aliases (i know my crctf mod throws a chunk at ya) then u should raise it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X