This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake 3.60 - An unofficial update to an old school engine

The details are in the change log in the download. This was a lot of work, the change log lists features likely to be 3.70, 3.80, 3.90. I'll probably do a 3.65 in a few days -- the advanced settings menu options only go forward and not backwards, which isn't how I want it but I also want to get this out.

Download: ProQuake 3.60 - Unofficial - Zip format - 0.5 MB

Source code: here. It is very well documented for the most part, except for some of the most recent changes within the last several hours because it took longer than I thought to finish this up
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I just tried to launch it before work and it doesn't work for me. Quake won't start

glpro360.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I copied all files (2 .exe, 1 .txt, and 1 .log) into ...\quake folder...
    Any suggestions?
    It's always a good day when you get laid...

Comment

I couldn't connect to quake.crmod.com? It seemed like there was a problem with CF possibly? I tried to connect and it just idles at "connected to Cheat-Free server"

and nothing else happens
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Let's find Baker and kick his ass Baker, help us...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          I couldn't connect to quake.crmod.com? It seemed like there was a problem with CF possibly? I tried to connect and it just idles at "connected to Cheat-Free server"

and nothing else happens
          You won't be able to until JPG adds the proper CRC checks to the CRMOD dll.

Comment

Ok thanks swoosh, that clears some stuff up for me
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I hope he meant security.dll, because CRMOD isnt the only cheatfree servers out there.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

yea or else whats the point unless you plan on playing on non cheat free servers per say

Comment

Not that I even DM anymore, but does this allow for Windows Key and Windows-Context-Dropdown-Menu Key (whatsit?) binding?

I guess I could do that myself with a little registry editing, now that I'm beyond Win98. But still...

Also: Mirror alpha is back!

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                    I just tried to launch it before work and it doesn't work for me. Quake won't start
                    What video card do you have?

Maybe the r_mirroralpha fix has to go That's almost the only change that affects video cards.

Only a small handful of changes involve anything having to do with video cards.

Also this does not work on cheat-free because it has not been digitally signed by JPG.

edit: r_mirroralpha doesn't work on my Radeon, so Phenom was right about that not working on ATI cards. Although it starts just fine, at least for me. I'll have to decide how to handle that. I still need to know what video card Taxi is using, I'm not going to assume that this is automatically the problem he was having.
                    Last edited by Baker; 06-10-2007, 01:20 AM.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by l33t View Post
                      yea or else whats the point unless you plan on playing on non cheat free servers per say
                      The cheat-free issue aspect of everything is an interesting thing.

After this has enough testing to assure that there are no bugs introduced (whatever problem Taxi has with his video card will be easy for me to fix), I plan on contacting JPG to see if this can be digitally signed for ProQuake cheat-free.

But we all know from Neil that ProQuake-cheatfree is easily compromised thru a variety of different methods.

There are actually things that can be done to make a stronger and more cheat-resistant server (like LordHavoc's wall-hack proofing).

Did you know that ProQuake server has to be digitally signed in order to run cheat-free mode? Very few Linux servers can use ProQuake server without rebuilding it, which means it can't be run in cheat-free mode. In fact, very few Linux users can use the ProQuake client without rebuilding it, meaning they can't use cheat-free.

A lot of interesting issues and thoughts on this topic.

Comment

Taxi:

Try this one:

Download: ProQuake 3.61 - Unofficial - Zip format - 0.5 MB

There are very few things that could cause the problem you are having with glpro360.exe

#1 Try the glpro361.exe in this newest download and let me know if you still have the problem. I have made the r_mirroralpha fix only applicable if r_mirroralpha < 1; this may be what you are encountering.

#2 If you cannot run glpro361.exe, try running TyrQuake by Tyrann:

TyrQuake download: http://disenchant.net/files/engine/t...0.56-win32.zip

I used TyrQuake's brightness adjustment code so if glpro361.exe will not run on your machine, please try TyrQuake and let me know if you also have the issue with it.

This will help me identify the source of problem. I want this to run on every single machine that can run ProQuake 3.50.

Comment

same problem:

glpro361.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

TyrQuake is running fine though.

I have ATI Radeon X800 PRO if that helps.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                            same problem:

glpro361.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

TyrQuake is running fine though.

I have ATI Radeon X800 PRO if that helps.

Thank you
                            Alright, this is helping me narrow down the nature of the problem very quickly.

3 more questions:

#0 New: Try glpro362.exe The extensions list no longer prints.

#1 Does wqpro361 run fine? (The answer should allow me to confirm that this is a GL only problem).

#2 Please try to load Enhanced GLQuake 1.32 (download) and let know if that runs. The FOV fix is from that engine and uses some different OpenGL functions that are not present in ProQuake 3.50.

#3 Out of curiosity, have you tried to run Qrack or JoeQuake GL in the past on your current machine and if so, did you have any issues.

Thanks for feedback on this Taxi, I want maximum video card/hardware compatibility.
                            Last edited by Baker; 06-10-2007, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Without knowing more, I'd say that it's the GL extension list from the Radeon that overflows a string buffer in the engine startup code. Look for a line in gl_vidnt.c in function GL_Init that tries to print the long GL extension list.

Comment out that line and see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X