X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
    k this might be an old overlooked bug as i have always had an autoexec.cfg
    migt have to go back thru the code changes i made after 1.9.( fives years back)
    Which bug? The skill setting? I can help you track it down by comparing builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
      Edit: Hey R00k, I noticed that in Frikbot editing mode, I can no longer "touch" the waypoints in noclip mode with build 4333. With the old versions, I could edit waypoints in noclip mode, but no longer can. Any idea what the reason is for this?
      Found it, changed to this
      Code:
      // call standard player post-think

if ((sv_disable_noclip_touch_triggers.value) && (ent->v.movetype == MOVETYPE_NOCLIP))//this disables triggers when using noclip
      		touchtriggers = false;

SV_LinkEdict (ent, touchtriggers);
      ill post an update when i get home.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Found it, changed to this
        Code:
        // call standard player post-think

if ((sv_disable_noclip_touch_triggers.value) && (ent->v.movetype == MOVETYPE_NOCLIP))//this disables triggers when using noclip
        		touchtriggers = false;

SV_LinkEdict (ent, touchtriggers);
        ill post an update when i get home.

Did you figure out why the "skill" cvar isn't saving to the config, btw? I can't get it to save with cfg_savevars on or off. It's strange though; the skill setting changes in start.bsp when I walk through the difficulty teleporters, but it doesn't save if I type "skill" in the console and change the level. It reverts back to what I had it before if I change the level.

Comment

• by default skill is not save to the config.cfg
          i can force it to be so. but was it really skill cvar or was it all??

Comment

• I did more investigating (because even I was confused) and realized what the problem is. Somehow, "skill" was in my config.cfg, and Qrack would not overwrite it. When I deleted it from config.cfg, everything was back to normal. This could possibly mean that any cvar in config.cfg that is not supposed to be there will make it impossible to change in the future, unless it is manually removed.

I guess the fix would be to have Qrack erase "skill" and other such cvars if they happen to be in config.cfg when they are not supposed to be. I'm not sure how "skill" got saved in my config.cfg in the first place. Maybe a previous version of Qrack saved it in there? I know I didn't put it there, because I would have put it in autoexec.cfg instead.

Comment

• Did you manage to upload the new build with the fixed noclip issue, R00k?

Comment

• Index of /qrack/beta

Comment

Thanks R00k! I can now edit frikbots in noclip mode. I think I might work toward a verison 3 of the frikbot waypack.

Btw, I remember a long time ago you added Frik_File support to Qrack, then it got broken and has been broken every since. Is it easy to fix? I asked you this back in 2010, and you said this:

Whoops!

I did! But something went wrong somewhere, because I had to force pr_builtin_remap 1, so I disabled the extension system. I forgot to fix that.
                  There was a discussion about a new Quake Standards Base, which I thought was going to progress smoothly. I guess I will re-enable the old QSG EBFS, adding DarkPlaces Extension System, and then sit on the basket of eggs until something hatches with QSB... Honestly if I can support the bare bones of what DP has then most mods will function.

Comment

• ya that seems like yesterday....

I will have to go back and fix this. Itz shouldnt be too difficult. Just something ive never use

Comment

ya that seems like yesterday....

I will have to go back and fix this. Itz shouldnt be too difficult. Just something ive never use
                      As far as I know, it should allow me to save waypoints much quicker. Currently, I have to manually highlight and copy the waypoints from qconsole and paste to multiple waypoint files. It gets tedious after doing 500+ maps.

Comment

• i tried to test with frikbot X but whats the command to save the way file?
                        all i found in the doc was use -qconsole.. ?

Comment

i tried to test with frikbot X but whats the command to save the way file?
                          all i found in the doc was use -qconsole.. ?
                          Type impulse 104 in the console to bring up the frikbot menu. then press "5" to go to waylist management, and "4" in the next menu to save the waypoints. In theory, this should dump the waypoints to a file if FrikFile support was added (although I don't know what it will really do since I've never tried it).

The way I've been doing it the whole time is to go to the waylist management menu, and press "2" to dump the waypoints to qconsole.txt, then copy them from there to .way files. It is tedious, especially when working with a map that has 3+ waypoint files. Each time I make the tiniest change, I have to dump all the waypoints, and manually highlight, copy, and paste to many different waypoint files.
                          Last edited by Lightning_Hunter; 01-27-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Hey R00k, any idea why I sometimes get this error while editing Frikbots? Whenever this error occurs, the game exits to the console and I lose all the waypoints that were created.

This is the error:

Code:
                            ===========================
                            Host_Error: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:26000
                            ===========================

Comment

• Try from a server command to change to a map that doesn't exist... I've seen that kind of error for a wrong map so if ip is "wrong" too might be why.

Good you back on the betatesting L-H!!

P.S.
                              Did you see a video I made with some of your material?? Near the very end if I remember...
                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UuGXArZvs&hd=1[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mom View Post
                                Try from a server command to change to a map that doesn't exist... I've seen that kind of error for a wrong map so if ip is "wrong" too might be why.
                                Not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate on your suggestion? I wasn't in a server or hosting a server; I was offline creating waypoints for the Frikbots. This error seems to randomly occur in the middle of a game, and exits to the console (ruining my waypoint progress in the process).

P.S.
                                Did you see a video I made with some of your material?? Near the very end if I remember...
                                s06e07 - YouTube
                                I think I left the Quake community right around the time you started making those videos, so I never got a chance to see them. Where on earth did you get your hands on that test map of mine? I don't remember sending it to anyone! I created that in less than an hour years back, and it has been my test map since. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X