This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
    Hey R00k, any idea why I sometimes get this error while editing Frikbots? Whenever this error occurs, the game exits to the console and I lose all the waypoints that were created.

This is the error:

Code:
    ===========================
    Host_Error: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:26000
    ===========================
    I don't if it helps, but I've seen an almost identical error on a machine with two IP's. It's seems as though Quake doesn't know which ip no to use and so displays the error. In my case I added -ip nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn to the command line, where nnn is the internal IP number of my machine, and that solved it.

Hope this may help

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
      Not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate on your suggestion? I wasn't in a server or hosting a server; I was offline creating waypoints for the Frikbots. This error seems to randomly occur in the middle of a game, and exits to the console (ruining my waypoint progress in the process).
      If I try to warp to a map that doesn't exist at speaknow with a rcon command (I don't remember the exact command) it will freeze the server. So if you can disable "server" options that might help may be.

I think I left the Quake community right around the time you started making those videos, so I never got a chance to see them. Where on earth did you get your hands on that test map of mine? I don't remember sending it to anyone! I created that in less than an hour years back, and it has been my test map since. Haha.
      I checked if I can put my hand on it again but without success it was on a post you made here at quakeone.com. If you need it back let me know I got it somewhere in my archive.
      Last edited by Mom; 02-01-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mom View Post
        If I try to warp to a map that doesn't exist at speaknow with a rcon command (I don't remember the exact command) it will freeze the server. So if you can disable "server" options that might help may be.
        I don't know of any Qrack commands to disable server settings. I've never messed with servers before. I've only ever played Quake offline. I'm still getting the same error randomly, despite using the -ip command. What I want to know is why the game is giving me a random host error when I'm not hosting a multiplayer game. And why does it randomly give me the error?

I checked if I can put my hand on it again but without success it was on a post you made here at quakeone.com. If you need it back let me know I got it somewhere in my archive.
        Oh no, I still have it thanks. I just didn't remember posting it is all!

Comment

• The "unable to bind" error really does seem to occur randomly. If I start a game, minimize it for a while and come back later, it will have crashed to the console with the error. R00k, any idea what this error is?

Comment

• If I try to warp to a map that doesn't exist at speaknow with a rcon command (I don't remember the exact command) it will freeze the server. So if you can disable "server" options that might help may be.
            Mom that relates to any quake engine, when it cant find a map it drops to console and disconnects all clients.

That's not the case here.

LH, that error is called in WINS_OpenSocket, seems you are alt-tabbing and somehow its closing a socket.. maybe try using -ip 127.0.0.1 or your actual ip address if possible. i dont see anything in the code that stands out.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
              Mom that relates to any quake engine, when it cant find a map it drops to console and disconnects all clients.

That's not the case here.

LH, that error is called in WINS_OpenSocket, seems you are alt-tabbing and somehow its closing a socket.. maybe try using -ip 127.0.0.1 or your actual ip address if possible. i dont see anything in the code that stands out.
              I already tried using my own IP, and that didn't fix the problem. I'll test -ip 127.0.0.1 and see if that works, but I have a feeling it won't. I still get the error "Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:26000" even when I enter my own IP (shouldn't it show my ip in the error instead?)

I still don't understand why there is an IP error in the first place when I'm modifying bots offline...

Comment

• I've tried all the above suggestions, and the error still occurs. It doesn't just seem to happen when I minimize and maximize. It sometimes happens in the middle of editing waypoints...

Any more ideas?

Comment

• R00k, any chance of getting a quick build with that updated code that was talked about over at Inside3d? It will help greatly with the waypointing I'm doing right now. There are quite a few maps in which the Frikbots ignore certain pickups, so I can't properly test how the bots navigate. Thanks!

Comment

• new update
                    http://quakeone.com/qrack/dist/qrack_4474.zip

Comment

• Hello R00k,

I've been getting back into Q1 a bit over the past few weeks, and after trying out a ton of engines I've settled on Qrack (although also planning on using ProQuake for hosting dedicated servers). I'm not a purist, so I love the graphical enhancements.

In an effort to reacquaint myself with quake 1, I'm putting together a little qrack command document. I had a few questions.

cfg_savevars "0"
                      This saves all vars to the config.cfg file when it closes?

fov
                      Regardless of the above, fov is not saved to the config file

r_shadows
                      Also, r_shadows is not saved to the config file

cl_gun_offset
                      Seems to sort-of switch gun to a centered / left / right position? Was this a holdover from JoeQuake?

cl_lightning_zadjust "16"
                      What does this do?

gl_beergoggles
                      This doesn't show up in the list of command and doesn't work

gl_greyscale
                      Similar - this doesn't appear to work either. Should it do something immediately when I set it to "1"?

gl_nightmare
                      What is this supposed to do?

gl_powerupshells
                      The notes reference to q3-style powersup shells. What are those? Changing it to 1 doesn't seem to do anything.

v_gunkick
                      Was added in JoeQuake, still a listed command here, but doesn't seem to do anything?

cvar_savevars
                      This was a JoeQuake command (that has been removed) - is this command now cfg_savevars?

scr_scalemenu
                      Currently this is just a toggle between 0 and 1. It would be nice if it could be a % of the screen size, so that 0.5 value makes the menu half the size of the screen. At high resolutions you are left with the choice between an enormous menu taking up the full screen, or a tiny menu you can barely read!

Thanks!

Comment

• additional questions

I had been using the version from the full build (3467) from here: QRACK

I see there are some new versions as well, the latest being build 4670 from what I can gather. Couple of questions:

On all build's, the super shotgun model for the Pak1 (extra models, textures, etc.) seems screwed up. The model texture is a big black thing with a few reddish lights on it. I deleted the model and the normal shotgun looks okay. However, I was using r_drawviewmodel 0.5 for semi-transparent weapons, and the shotgun texture does something weird (one of the barrels has a wood texture wrapping around it). Not sure what's up with that - but maybe both issues are worth looking into?

Also - the pak0.pak for the later versions has a smaller file size and maybe some things have been removed? There is just the normal quake console background instead of the one from 3467 build. What else was removed?

Thanks!

Comment

• the black sg thingy has been documented before. i believe someone repacked it and uploaded it (mindz?...)
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• the black sg texture was my fault i put and invalid texture in the pakfile
                            some of you bugs have been fixed in future versions
                            i can post a new version when i get home to nigjt
                            and write up a more detailed post about cvar settings

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
                              the black sg texture was my fault i put and invalid texture in the pakfile
                              some of you bugs have been fixed in future versions
                              i can post a new version when i get home to nigjt
                              and write up a more detailed post about cvar settings
                              That would be awesome.

If it helps, I started compiling all the changelog notes and command information I could find on Qrack into a single .txt file. Here's the link for that:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2...ew?usp=sharing

If it's helpful to use that, go ahead. Cheers!

Comment

• Couple more comments ....

I've noticed that on some maps, enabling transparent water (e.g. r_wateralpha "0.5") causes a pretty massive FPS slowdown on my computer. From like 100+ FPS to 50 or less FPS.

I notice this looking at lava on the right side lane/door of the START map. But the lava going into the hallway of episode III doesn't cause any slowdown. I was playing on Strmland.bsp (DM map by Qurnel) which has a tiny little pool of water in one part of may but causes some massive performance lag with wateralpha on. On 90% of the maps, there are no problems/issues with water alpha turned on.

Any ideas here?

Comment

Working...
                                X