Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any client support 5760 x 1200? (ATI EyeFinity)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any client support 5760 x 1200? (ATI EyeFinity)

I just setup an EyeFinity rig with 3 24" LCD's, resolution is 5760x1200.

I've tried proquake in GL and D3D mode and both say that res is unsupported.

I'd love to see what super wide screen quake looks like with an FOV of like 170, lol.

Is this you magnus?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXXNKlN4ChE]YouTube - Die besten Szenen aus dem Film "Grandmas Boy" - JP Techno[/ame]

Comment

do you like techno? you would if you had robot ears.

Comment

I dunno, but I'd stack two of them screens on top of each other and go for 3840x2400 res

Comment

Are you afraid of it? Uhh, no, I just don't like techno. You would if you had robot ears. Uhh yeah probably.
          This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
          Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

Most clients should, but whether or not your 3D card is up to it is another matter. By my calculations you're going to need about 128MB for framebuffer memory alone; and that's before we even load any textures.

Even if you can run at this, actual support is going to be dependent on what modes your card reports to the API. If you can configure it to present all 3 screens as a single display device the client is more likely to pick it up as an available mode (but no promises).
            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tical View Post
              Are you afraid of it? Uhh, no, I just don't like techno. You would if you had robot ears. Uhh yeah probably.
              lolol grandma's boy

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
                Most clients should, but whether or not your 3D card is up to it is another matter. By my calculations you're going to need about 128MB for framebuffer memory alone; and that's before we even load any textures.

Even if you can run at this, actual support is going to be dependent on what modes your card reports to the API. If you can configure it to present all 3 screens as a single display device the client is more likely to pick it up as an available mode (but no promises).
                I have an ATI 5870, it can definately do it. It has 1 gig of RAM as well.

I also have the displays already grouped together as one single display, 5870x1200 res.

I haven't tried darkplaces yet, maybe it has it in the available modes.

GLPro doesn't list the mode. D3DPro doesn't even show a vid mode menu and crashes if I try to select the ghost menu where video settings should be.

Comment

Here's a vid that describes what EyeFintiy is and has a nice demo using it playing left for dead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7cNLUqPao]YouTube - AMD Eyefinity - Left 4 Dead - PC Perspective[/ame]

Comment

Try DirectQ (link in my sig). Firstly it's D3D9 so it might be more compatible than either OpenGL or earlier D3D versions and secondly it has support for an unlimited number of video modes.

If any OpenGL engine could do it I would guess DarkPlaces might be the best place to start.
                    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok, both darkplaces and directQ works.

In Darkplaces I think i had to set my FOV to 150 to make it look ok, in DirectQ i didn't have to adjust FOV (or it was the other way around).

Darkplaces:
                      screenshots are 600K.
                      Keep getting weird unknown command cluttering up my console
                      Console and HUD text is stretched making it hard to read
                      Still get good fps with grahpics maxed except true world lighting, LOL!

DirectQ:
                      screenshots are 20MB, lol.
                      Keep getting huge breaks in console making it impossible to chat.
                      Runs great.

Attached are the DirectQ screenshots.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached are the Darkplaces screenshots.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i think i would start to feel sick if i played on something like that

Comment

about the breaks in console, that's probably the center-print logging -> scr_centerlog 0 to disable that..

Comment

Darkplaces seems to be doing it wrong.
                              Gentoo Linux

Comment

Working...
                              X