Nehahra w/ DarkPlaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiSWiG View Post
    I'll make a list up later. Busy but had to write down what popped in my head!
    Too late, too busy ... someone else was faster — found this list in the NehQuake menu sources:

Code:
            strcpy(Demos[0].name,  "INTRO");         strcpy(Demos[0].desc,  "Prologue");
            strcpy(Demos[1].name,  "GENF");          strcpy(Demos[1].desc,  "The Beginning");
            strcpy(Demos[2].name,  "GENLAB");        strcpy(Demos[2].desc,  "A Doomed Project");
            strcpy(Demos[3].name,  "NEHCRE");        strcpy(Demos[3].desc,  "The New Recruits");
            strcpy(Demos[4].name,  "MAXNEH");        strcpy(Demos[4].desc,  "Breakthrough");
            strcpy(Demos[5].name,  "MAXCHAR");       strcpy(Demos[5].desc,  "Renewal and Duty");
            strcpy(Demos[6].name,  "CRISIS");        strcpy(Demos[6].desc,  "Worlds Collide");
            strcpy(Demos[7].name,  "POSTCRIS");      strcpy(Demos[7].desc,  "Darkening Skies");
            strcpy(Demos[8].name,  "HEARING");       strcpy(Demos[8].desc,  "The Hearing");
            strcpy(Demos[9].name,  "GETJACK");       strcpy(Demos[9].desc,  "On a Mexican Radio");
            strcpy(Demos[10].name, "PRELUDE");       strcpy(Demos[10].desc, "Honor and Justice");
            strcpy(Demos[11].name, "ABASE");         strcpy(Demos[11].desc, "A Message Sent");
            strcpy(Demos[12].name, "EFFECT");        strcpy(Demos[12].desc, "The Other Side");
            strcpy(Demos[13].name, "UHOH");          strcpy(Demos[13].desc, "Missing in Action");
            strcpy(Demos[14].name, "PREPARE");       strcpy(Demos[14].desc, "The Response");
            strcpy(Demos[15].name, "VISION");        strcpy(Demos[15].desc, "Farsighted Eyes");
            strcpy(Demos[16].name, "MAXTURNS");      strcpy(Demos[16].desc, "Enter the Immortal");
            strcpy(Demos[17].name, "BACKLOT");       strcpy(Demos[17].desc, "Separate Ways");
            strcpy(Demos[18].name, "MAXSIDE");       strcpy(Demos[18].desc, "The Ancient Runes");
            strcpy(Demos[19].name, "COUNTER");       strcpy(Demos[19].desc, "The New Initiative");
            strcpy(Demos[20].name, "WARPREP");       strcpy(Demos[20].desc, "Ghosts to the World");
            strcpy(Demos[21].name, "COUNTER1");      strcpy(Demos[21].desc, "A Fate Worse Than Death");
            strcpy(Demos[22].name, "COUNTER2");      strcpy(Demos[22].desc, "Friendly Fire");
            strcpy(Demos[23].name, "COUNTER3");      strcpy(Demos[23].desc, "Minor Setback");
            strcpy(Demos[24].name, "MADMAX");        strcpy(Demos[24].desc, "Scores to Settle");
            strcpy(Demos[25].name, "QUAKE");         strcpy(Demos[25].desc, "One Man");
            strcpy(Demos[26].name, "CTHMM");         strcpy(Demos[26].desc, "Shattered Masks");
            strcpy(Demos[27].name, "SHADES");        strcpy(Demos[27].desc, "Deal with the Dead");
            strcpy(Demos[28].name, "GOPHIL");        strcpy(Demos[28].desc, "An Unlikely Hero");
            strcpy(Demos[29].name, "CSTRIKE");       strcpy(Demos[29].desc, "War in Hell");
            strcpy(Demos[30].name, "SHUBSET");       strcpy(Demos[30].desc, "The Conspiracy");
            strcpy(Demos[31].name, "SHUBDIE");       strcpy(Demos[31].desc, "Even Death May Die");
            strcpy(Demos[32].name, "NEWRANKS");      strcpy(Demos[32].desc, "An Empty Throne");
            strcpy(Demos[33].name, "SEAL");          strcpy(Demos[33].desc, "The Seal is Broken");
    I was about to record the demos as OGV. Now I know at least how to start each of the chapters, because the video capturing stops each time the next chapter demo is loaded.

Comment

wooo! awesome didn't even know about this until Talisa linked me to this thread, now i can play Nehahra again after some long years haha. watched seal of nehahra again for the first time in over a year last night. im in the mood to kick some nehahra butt now!

Comment

well using the pk3 seven provided inside my nehahra folder, but it still wants to use the hi-poly models for monsters because after the intro movie. the guy whos dead on the floor in the room with me is high poly, and the enforcers and grunts are just Invisible...

using a DP shortcut -nehahra and have that replacement pk3 inside nehahras folder, but i dont know why its still trying to load Hi poly monsters

The guy who tells you to get in the closet and hide, he looks as he should with the low poly model, during the intro movie... but once im actually in game, he looks like this , and the grunts/enforcers are invisible (cause of them using the high poly models i know) just dont know why this PK3 didnt override it

Last edited by ArDaMaX; 07-29-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Edit:
          Seven told us everything!

But you should know two things anyways:
          You should start mods like this:
          Darkplaces.exe -game nehahra

If you want to skip the video you can add +map NEH1m1.

Originally posted by ArDaMaX View Post
          well using the pk3 seven provided inside my nehahra folder, but it still wants to use the hi-poly models for monsters because after the intro movie. the guy whos dead on the floor in the room with me is high poly, and the enforcers and grunts are just Invisible...

using a DP shortcut -nehahra and have that replacement pk3 inside nehahras folder, but i dont know why its still trying to load Hi poly monsters

The guy who tells you to get in the closet and hide, he looks as he should with the low poly model, during the intro movie... but once im actually in game, he looks like this , and the grunts/enforcers are invisible (cause of them using the high poly models i know) just dont know why this PK3 didnt override it

Last edited by webangel; 07-29-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Hello ArDaMaX,

What you described is true.
            I also noticed this several weeks back and looked for a solution.

The reason for this issue came after I released the "override-pack" you are using now.
            To be specific:
            It is due to the .skin file usage of several monsters (the demon for example).
            The .skin file usage is used for .md3 models (which are simply renamed in DP to .mdl).

And exactly that makes it impossile to override an .md3 .skin file with a .mdl model.

So, what you need is the prior/older "Starter Kit", which can be easily overriden in Nehahra. The prior/older "Starter Kit" does not use .md3 models as model0.
            Newer "Starter Kit"´s or custom made compilations for the SMC "multimodel/multiskin" feature use .md3 models for model0.
            Which brings this issue.

So, the only thing you need is the "Starter Kit" from SMC V3.80 or older.
            Or replace the .md3 model0 models in newer "Starter Kit"´s or in your own custom compilation.
            Then the "Nehahra override pack" will work as it should

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Regarding cutscenes / in-game-movies in Nehahra:
            They are quite long and if you already saw them (when playing a second time for example), they *can* become annyoing.

Therefore, Nehahra implemented a cvar:
            CUTSCENE (default= 1)
            Set it to "0" to skip them.
            Unfortunately newer DP builds doesnt support this cvar anymore.
            So, you have only 1 alternative:
            Use the command during the movies:
            slowmo (default= 1)
            Setting this to a high value (example 10) will play the clips 10 times faster.
            Set it back to "1" when they are finished.

Have fun with this great mod.
            Seven

Comment

Seven you are right.
              I missed this because I use my own pack without many .skin files.
              Thank you for this hint.

Please let us know when you find a solution for this....

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                Seven you are right.
                I missed this because I use my own pack without many .skin files.
                Thank you for this hint.

Please let us know when you find a solution for this....

Hello webangel,

I now found a solution for this and uploaded an new file here.

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

Thanks seven i did not know this was available!

Comment

Other problems

Hello,

I recently have downloaded the Nehahra mod for Quake. I was able to get the 4 hour cinematic to work. Although, when I tried to play the actual game I get a black screen that says I need to set a -basedir/path/to/game because of missing files. My dad being a tech guy tried to help me with this but says the command it is recommending I set is incomplete. But he assumes it needs me to tell it where certain files are located. I can try and send a picture of the screen (I tried taking a screen shot on my computer but when I reviewed it, the screen shot only showed the folder I opened and not the program I was using).

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello webangel,

I now found a solution for this and uploaded an new file here.

Best wishes,
                      Seven
                      Great. Thank you Seven.
                      I try this the next days.

Comment

Thanks! (Seven)
                        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Problem compiling Nehahra's progs.dat from QC src

Hello, everybody. I got an error running Nehahra on usual Darkplaces (version 20130304) after skill selection.

Here is the log:
                          Code:
                          ^7Unknown command "gl_fogenable"
                          ^7Unknown command "gl_fogred"
                          ^7Unknown command "gl_foggreen"
                          ^7Unknown command "gl_fogblue"
                          ^7Unknown command "gl_fogdensity"
                          ^7CL_SignonReply: 4
                          ^7packet dump:   7:svc_time  15:svc_clientdata 207:entity   0:svc_bad
                          ^7Host_Error: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message
                          ^7Packet dump:
                          ^70000:073319C2 3F0F0046 01110000 00640019 .3.В?..F.....d..
                          ^70010:19000000 01CF8401 4C0E809C F009C0F8 .....П„.L.Ђњр.Аш
                          ^70020:00000040 00000000 00000000 81803600 ...@........ЃЂ6.
                          ^70030:00004000 00000000 00000081 80370000 ..@........ЃЂ7..
                          ^70040:00400000 00000000 00008180 E8000000 .@........ЃЂи...
                          ^70050:40000000 00000000 00                @........       
                          ^7Host_ShutdownServer
                          ^7CL_Disconnect
                          ^7]quit
                          ^7CL_Disconnect
                          ^7Host_ShutdownServer
                          ^7OpenGL Backend shutting down
                          ====== Log stopped (Thu Feb 13 21:21:51 2014) ======
                          Running nehahra.exe I also got error: GL_Upload8_EXT: too big,
                          even game menu did not appear.

Only nehexe.exe is working.

But the main problem is:
                          I got a lot of errors compiling Nehahra from file NehQCsrc.zip with FTE quakeC compiler for windows (fteqccgui or frikgui, errors are almost the same).
                          First, there is no progs.src file in this zip file at all, wilhout progs.src I cannot build the progs.dat.
                          The size of this file NehQCsrc.zip is the same in all sources I seen: 635591 bytes
                          I'm trying to make a weapon and monster mod based on Nehahra, but first I would like to compile it (Nehahra).
                          This is the list of errors (only the first 12 - this maybe an incorrect progs.src - obtained by decompiling original progs.dat using frikqcc -dec):
                          Code:
                          Source file: progs.src
                          outputfile: ./progs.dat
                          compiling ai.qc
                          ai.qc:1: warning: Missing semicolon at end of definition
                          ai.qc:1: error: "anglemod" is not a type
                          ai.qc:2: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:13: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:32: error: "temp" is not a type
                          ai.qc:33: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:52: error: "temp" is not a type
                          ai.qc:53: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:79: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:85: error: "temp" is not a type
                          ai.qc:86: error: "{" is not a type
                          ai.qc:120: error: "spot1" is not a type

************ ERROR ************
                          Errors have occured

Error in ai.qc on line 120
                          REACC also gave me error (Runtime error 200 at 0002:0095.).
                          Is here any way to compile Nehahra quakeC source? May be I need other compiler? Help me please, I will be very grateful to you!
                          Last edited by AlexQuaker; 02-13-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Technically, nehahra was not written in QuakeC.
                            You must use the 'reacc' compiler, as that is the only one that really understands the syntax. And apparently that's crashing, which basically means you're screwed.
                            (reacc does not use a progs.src file. this is normal for reacc)

FTEQCC was able to understand the syntax at one point, if given enough commandline arguments, but it was never particuarly robust with it, or well tested.
                            These are the arguments you need to get fteqcc to act a bit like reacc: -facc -fcaseinsens -flax
                            But current SVN versions cannot handle function types, and will reject the type if there's any arguments defined within the parenthasis (expected ')', found 'whateverfollowedtheopenbracket').
                            I really ought to fix that omission. It has an annoying #pragma message and everything.

A different version of either compiler may give you more luck, but maybe not.
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

As I wrote in the DirectQ thread, I am currently experimenting with different ports to see which one is capable of running Nehahra in the best way these days. As of now, it seems it's gonna be either JoeQuake or reQuiem for me. Both stay faithful to the original visuals (with proper water surface warp, not like DP), support VISed maps and colored lighting (if you have LITs) while actually producing less error messages than DP. Only unknown command seems to be "r_waterripple".

I have entered the second episode by now with JoeQuake without any problems - besides the fact that engine is unable to play the "nehend.s3m" music track, but it's rather a minor thing. So far it's my personal recommendation!

*EDIT*
                              OK, I got the infamous "Packet Overflow" issue after killing Nehahra and crashed to console. Otherwise, game seems to be fully playable in JQ until that point. Weird though that this issue still exists, seems it is known for quite a while already.
                              Last edited by NightFright; 02-23-2014, 07:02 PM.
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Working...
                                X