X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by enderandrew View Post
    That is why sometimes it is nice having a pre-made compilation that works.
    no...... thats just one more reason why you should NOT use one of those shitty compilations

those compilations are packed-up in such a way that they only work exactly as they come,
    and you wil get bugs and conflicts if you try to add/swap anything to a setup with one of those compilations

also, just so you know.... rygel's pack is even more outdated than that awful epsilon compilation

check out the thread linked in my signature below and just put together your own HD setup

believe me, its a hell of a lot less stressfull then trying to pull apart one of those outdated compilations

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
    Epsilon was made 5 years ago, based on outdated versions of various mods. Not surprising that errors are popping up in the latest DP client. Recommendation: build your own up-to-date HD Quake.
    Well, that hasn't gone well. I pulled out the old/edited versions of Rygel's textures from Epsilon and dropped in the current version of Rygel's Ultra Textures from the Darkplaces website and now Darkplaces immediately crashes trying to read the png files. Sadly it doesn't tell me which PNG file is bad.

^7PNG_fReadData: overrun by 8 bytes
    ^7PNG_LoadImage: error: [00][00][00][00]: invalid chunk type

That is why sometimes it is nice having a pre-made compilation that works.

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    So the white/missing textures were caused by reflecting_overload with 2016 DP builds and there is apparently a fix for that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbquu9i9lb...fixed.zip?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    Epsilon was made 5 years ago, based on outdated versions of various mods. Not surprising that errors are popping up in the latest DP client. Recommendation: build your own up-to-date HD Quake.
    Epsilon just put out a recent build at Christmas and they have released for mission packs, DOPA, Travail, Beyond Belief, and The Myths which is nice.

But I'll start pulling out .pk3 files until I figure out the culprit. If it is a bad texture pack, I'll find another to replace it I guess.

Even removing all the Epsilon .pk3 files, these errors remain:

^7Trying to load library... "libode3.dll" "libode2.dll" "libode1.dll" - failed.

^7Trying to load library... "libavw.dll" - failed.

^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/conchars', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_console', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_sbar', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_notify', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_chat', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_centerprint', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_infobar', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_menu', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user0', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user1', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user2', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user3', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user4', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user5', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user6', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user7', it will not support as many characters.
    Last edited by enderandrew; 01-03-2017, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    epsilon is shit

Salu2

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    I just downloaded Quake Epsilon to give it a try, but then also downloaded the latest Windows 64 autobuild to run with the latest and greatest Darkplaces.

Some textures aren't loading - http://i.imgur.com/DXfbooW.jpg

That could be a problem with Epsilon and not Darkplaces but I'm not sure. The console shows errors like:

^7^1maps/e1m1.bsp:^7 could not load texture ^3"$lightmap"^7 (frame 0) for layer 1 of shader ^2"comp1_1"
    ^7^1maps/e1m1.bsp:^7 could not load texture ^3"$lightmap"^7 (frame 0) for layer 1 of shader ^2"twall2_2"
    ^7^1maps/e1m1.bsp:^7 could not load texture ^3"$lightmap"^7 (frame 0) for layer 1 of shader ^2"twall2_1"
    ^7^1maps/e1m1.bsp:^7 could not load texture ^3"$lightmap"^7 (frame 0) for layer 1 of shader ^2"slip1"

I saved the console output to a log and I noticed these as well which may be actual engine bugs:

^7Trying to load library... "libode3.dll" "libode2.dll" "libode1.dll" - failed.

^7Trying to load library... "libavw.dll" - failed.

^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/conchars', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_console', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_sbar', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_notify', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_chat', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_centerprint', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_infobar', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_menu', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user0', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user1', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user2', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user3', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user4', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user5', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user6', it will not support as many characters.
    ^7Failed to load font-file for 'gfx/font_user7', it will not support as many characters.

Leave a comment:

• Das_Offertorium
    replied
    Hi Talisa,
    thanks for the reply, i have checked the md5 from here and test it with Version 1.01 and 1.06. MD5 is matched but same Error in any Version.

Same Error with the Pak from the CD Version.

Can anybody make a dedicated Server under Linux or Windows with the new Version?

Greetings
    D_O

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    afaik the pak-files from the steam installation are the exact same pak-files as from dos-quake

one thing you could do i guess is have steam verify the files to make sure they arent in any way corrupted.

> rightclick on quake in your steam library, click properties
    > browse to the tab 'local files', and there click 'verify integrity of game cache'

this will make steam check if all files of your installation match the files on their servers and if not it will re-download any files that mightve gotten corrupt

Leave a comment:

• Das_Offertorium
    replied
    Hi,
    i think i find a bug with the last Build, here a copy from my Post in another Thread:

====================

Today i find another error under my Ubuntu Server with the new Version from Darkplace (2016-09-17 autobuild) i become a segment fault error on startup.

Here is the log from my console:

user[at]host:/srv/steam/server/33_quake_darkplaces$ ./darkplaces-linux-x86_64-dedicated -developer -condebug -developer_memory
    Console initialized.
    Mem_Free: data == NULL (called at ../../../fs.c:1813)
    Game is DarkPlaces-Quake using base gamedir id1
    gamename for server filtering: DarkPlaces-Quake
    DarkPlaces-Quake Linux 06:08:04 Sep 17 2016 - release
    userdir 0 = (writable)
    userdir 1 = /home/stmadm/.darkplaces/ (writable)
    userdir 2 (not applicable)
    userdir 3 (not applicable)
    userdir 1 is the winner
    Added packfile id1/PAK0.PAK (339 files)
    Added packfile id1/PAK1.PAK (85 files)
    Playing registered version.
    Trying to load library... "libd0_blind_id.so.0" - loaded.
    Trying to load library... "libd0_rijndael.so.0" - loaded.
    Trying to load library... "libcurl.so.4" - loaded.
    Skeletal animation uses SSE code path
    Trying to load library... "libode.so.3" - loaded.
    ODE library loaded with double precision.
    ODE configuration list: ODE ODE_EXT_trimesh ODE_EXT_opcode ODE_OPC_new_collider ODE_double_precision
    execing quake.rc
    execing default.cfg
    execing config.cfg
    couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
    Host_ShutdownServer
    SpawnServer: start
    Process is becoming 'nice'...
    Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
    How i can fix that?

Greetings
    Das_Offertorium

P.s. Same error under root

P.s.s without any *.pak File in the Folder id1 the server will start without any issue. But with my PAK-Files from my steam installation i have this error. Is there a Patch or anything else for the PAK Files?

====================
    And:
    ====================
    Under Windows7_64Bit Darkplaces also crashed with this startup parameters:

@echo off
    darkplaces.exe -game id1 -dedicated
    ====================

Bye
    Das_Offertorium

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    I'm not using a mod for that, only DP's standard zoom_in command. There is no alias in the config file, only "bind F11" "zoom_in". The zoom_out feature isn't even bound to F11 in the config but it does zoom out nonetheless! Weird. I didn't know you could bind both zoom_in and zoom_out to the same key. So I have to put those aliases in the autoexec? They should be in the default config, since the zoom is practically useless without them. LordHavoc, if you're reading this...

Honestly, I don't even use the zoom feature that much. It's only useful in maps with very large open areas like Something Wicked. I mostly hit F11 accidentally instead of F12 when I want to take a screenshot. I've rebound F11 to screenshot too, so this problem is solved, and the zoom is now bound to DEL. I've added your aliases to my autoexec and the zoom works fine now. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-26-2016, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gulliver-trans
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post

See, when you are searching for a cvar which is a sub-cvar of a whole cvar family or there are more than 1 cvars having the same name start, then Darkplaces behaves excatly like this --> It will NOT add a space behind it, as you didnt have found the cvar you are looking for yet !
    whoops. didn't see the r_fullbrights (plural) command.

the day is saved!

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Zoom messes with settings
    When zooming out, FOV resets to the default 90 and mouse sensitivity drops down to 3. Each time I have to restore my settings manually. This is annoying.
    Hello bfg666,

You either use a buggy/crappy mod (ssqc or csqc) or a wrong alias.
    Darkplaces doesnt edit your personal configs in an evil way

Please read more about the Zoom-View feature and how mods handle it here

If you want a zoom view MOD in Darkplaces, then you should use the qc-extension DP_VIEWZOOM. Everything else will be evil and edit your personal config files !
    Here is a youtube clip that shows this feature in-game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wyt...re=c4-overview

Having that said,
    Of course you can always use alias to achieve exactly what you want to without using a mod. But you have to adjust its fov and sensitivity to your own values (like they are in your config):
    alias zoom_out "sensitivity 3.7777;fov 20;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 45;wait;fov 60;wait;fov 80;wait;fov 100.7777;bind b zoom_in"
    alias zoom_in "sensitivity 1;fov 90;wait;fov 75;wait;fov 60;wait;fov 45;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 20;bind b zoom_out"
    bind b zoom_in
    I highlighted the values you need to adjust to your personal used ones in green.
    The rest will work as it is.

Copy / paste it into your autoexec.
    Next time you press "b" in-game you will zoom in.
    When you press "b" again, you will zoom out to you personal used config values again.

===============================================

Originally posted by gulliver-trans View Post
    when i pull down the console and type "r_full" and hit tab, it autocompletes to r_fullbright, but it doesn't append a space at the end, as it does with other commands.

This has ruined my life.
    Hello gulliver-trans,

I am sorry to hear that your life was ruined
    But what you just described is correct and has its purpose.

See, when you are searching for a cvar which is a sub-cvar of a whole cvar family or there are more than 1 cvars having the same name start, then Darkplaces behaves excatly like this --> It will NOT add a space behind it, as you didnt have found the cvar you are looking for yet !
    Only when the part of the name that you typed before hitting TAB has only 1 match, Darkplaces will add a space behind it, as you have found exactly what you was looking for.

Example:
    If you type: R_GLSL and hit TAB, Darkplaces will present you more than 20 cvars that have this name start.
    You have to look at the list, find the one you are looking for and can directly type the rest of it without pressing the "backspace" button (to delete the space).

If you type: R_SHOWB and hit TAB, Darkplaces will know that there is only 1 cvar that matches your entry: R_SHOWBBOXES
    It will write it completely for you and even adds a space for your convenience, so that you only need to type the vlaue of your desire and hit ENTER

Yes, Darkplaces likes you and doesnt want to ruin your life

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• gulliver-trans
    replied
    when i pull down the console and type "r_full" and hit tab, it autocompletes to r_fullbright, but it doesn't append a space at the end, as it does with other commands.

This has ruined my life.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Zoom messes with settings
    When zooming out, FOV resets to the default 90 and mouse sensitivity drops down to 3. Each time I have to restore my settings manually. This is annoying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X