Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this is really a "bug" but when i Alt/Tab out of the game and get back in there my mouselook is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
      I don't know if this is really a "bug" but when i Alt/Tab out of the game and get back in there my mouselook is gone.
      That always happens to me and really pisses me off, I thought I was the only one, you have to press Esc to open the menu before Alt/Tab-ing..

And thanks for the info OoPpEe!
      200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
      14/05/1811

Comment

I get the same bug when I do that, however if I re-enter Darkplaces by using alt+tab again - issue isn't present.

However I can use the Windows key to minimize DP and enter it again by clicking the taskbar and the mouse issue isn't present. So use the Windows key

Comment

Autobuild happens every 6 hours, so technically it's not a nightly build

The alt-tab issue you describe, does it affect darkplaces.exe or darkplaces-sdl.exe? They have entirely different event code so I'm curious which one.

Comment

For me it's darkplaces.exe . I really don't know the difference between those two versions...

Comment

For me the Darkplaces.exe too..
              14/05/1811

Comment

Please try darkplaces-sdl.exe then and let me know if the problem also occurs there?

darkplaces.exe is an evolved version of the original Quake windows code and gets less testing on my part because I run Linux.

darkplaces-sdl.exe is using the SDL.dll portability library instead, which gets more testing than my Windows code (and has no overhead), but the functionality is slightly different (for example turning on/off vsync requires restarting the video mode).

Comment

With the sdl Version i don't have this issue but when i Alt/Tab out of the game and use (for example) firefox the mouse buttons work but the mouse cursor itself is not movable. When i get back into the game mouselook still works. So it's "bad" exactly into the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
                    With the sdl Version i don't have this issue but when i Alt/Tab out of the game and use (for example) firefox the mouse buttons work but the mouse cursor itself is not movable. When i get back into the game mouselook still works. So it's "bad" exactly into the other direction.
                    The same thing happens to me..
                    14/05/1811

Comment

bug found/bug killed (lost chapters)

hi fellow quakers,
                      -
                      i tested great pack "the lost chapters" yesterday and i found strange darkplaces bug. however, don't be sad, this time i've came with solution too. so... here we are:
                      -
                      inside the lost chapters pack there is a map chapter_kell. i started this map, jumped down to a "well" through a hole in the middle of a start area, continued to the right of the gold-key-door and entered small room with a lift. there was no button and the lift didn't go up automatically when i stepped on it. something was wrong. as far as i remembered, there should have been a gun on the lift platform. the gun itself should have acted as a triger - pick up the gun and the lift goes up. but the gun was gone...

fig 1.

i searched it and i found it. there was a small water pit under the lift platform with a teleport to the secret area on the bottom and it was there where the gun ended. at first, i thought that the gun somehow slipped through the lift brush to the water...

fig 2.

i started to experiment with a sv_freezenonclients cvar to see what happened when the map was loaded. result was quite interesting. i entered the map, set sv_freezenonclients 1 and restarted the level. sv_freezenonclients command remained active so after the restart everything was dead frozen. i continued to the problematic lift and saw something weird. the gun was there floating in the midair, but the lift itself wasn't there.

fig 3.

i set sv_freezenonclients back to 0, unfroze the game again and the lift appeared out of the thin air under the gun. i happened so fast that the gun didn't make it to the water and the gun stayed on the lift. problem solved...

fig 4.

i don't know much about the principles of dp engine or about the order in which map entities are being loaded, but it seems to me that darkplaces loads the gun sooner than the lift platform and the gun falls down to the water. setting sv_freezenonclients 0 freeze all movement within the map at the start up and it prevents the gun from falling down. or maybe it's something else. anyway... it works for me. and maybe the same procedure can fix other maps with items falling through floors/lifts.
                      -
                      jakub
                      my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                      Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                      Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

I noticed something with Darkplaces June 28 autobuild. In the first map of MP1 (HIP1M1), I was unable to pass the golden keycard door even though I had collected the card. I also didn't get any error message before when I didn't have the card and tried to pass it. This way, I couldn't finish the level.
                        Authentic Models Pack
                        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I'm aware of the gold key door issue in HIP1M1, and was working on it for an entire day recently, no luck though, I did find the revision of the code where the bug began but could not deduce the cause and effect there, experimented at length with the current code but couldn't get it to detect the door touch, will need to experiment more...

For what it's worth, if you move to the left side of the door and slide slowly to the right while pushing into the door, you'll get it to open.

As a reminder to myself, this patch was the beginning of the problem: http://svn.icculus.org/twilight?view=rev&revision=8070
                          Last edited by LordHavoc; 06-30-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Well, as long as it only happens at that specific location, I guess it's not so bad. If need be, I will noclip through it if your tip shouldn't work.
                            Last edited by NightFright; 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM.
                            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

DP + Teamfortress Classic

I tried DP in combination with TF 2.8.

One issue that arose is the engineer unable to build anything because of "not enough room to build here".

This can be mended by putting "sv_gameplayfix_findradiusdistancetobox" "0" in the autoexec.cfg of fortress. (Thanks a lot LordHavoc!).

There is the other issue that the "changeclass" and all class aliases ("sniper", "scout", etc.) to change player character classes are not working. The alias is accepted by the console, but it does not do anything.

Additionally (minor problem): The viewsize always resets to 120, which hides the beautiful transparent HUD Seven made. It does not matter if I put it into config.cfg or autoexec.cfg first, as soon as I get ingame, the HUD is gone and I have to get it back by either pressing "-" or consoling "set viewsize 100".

So if anyone has suggestions for these problems, I am all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHavoc View Post
                                I'm aware of the gold key door issue in HIP1M1, and was working on it for an entire day recently, no luck though, I did find the revision of the code where the bug began but could not deduce the cause and effect there, experimented at length with the current code but couldn't get it to detect the door touch, will need to experiment more...

For what it's worth, if you move to the left side of the door and slide slowly to the right while pushing into the door, you'll get it to open.

As a reminder to myself, this patch was the beginning of the problem: [twilight] Revision 8070
                                Would like to add that the blue key door in HIP3M4 seems to suffer from the same problem. Solution is similar, slide from left to right until it eventually opens.
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X