This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perochi View Post
    DARKPLACES.EXE and DARKPLACES-SDL.EXE CRASH WHEN ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO QUAKEWORLD SERVERS.

This just started happening to me , i reinstalled quake and extracted a fresh copy of darkplaces. But it still crashes when i try to connect to a quake world server. I have no idea why.

Even with default config!!!!
    You aren't the onle one who has that problem. Maybe there is a CVAR o_O
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i noticed and seen threads of people that with the latest nvidia drivers, any ones newer then 301.42 suddenly a lot of darkplaces features seem to be broken....
      mainly the rt lighting, and when loading up dp while having any driver newer then 301.42 dp will give a ton of error messages when starting up

easy work-around for it is just keep using 301.42 drivers, but could it perhaps be looked at what the problem is and if this can be fixed?

im no coder or such, but to me it seems from the error messages that some of the gl functions DP uses isnt supported in the newer driver-versions anymore.
      i had also made a thread about it here, where i also attaced DP log http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-304-79-a.html
      Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I upgrated Nvidia drivers to 310.33 beta and i`m no more getting errors and RT lighting is working.

Comment

yep i can confirm this. just installed new 310.33 beta too myself, and tried running DP and no errors anymore

so anyone else who downgraded to 301.42 before cuz newer drivers gave errors and had dp half-broken, get new 310.33, they work fine
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Issue with r_water 1

It looks like a part of the player model, that is on the other side of the water surface, is rendered when "r_water" "1"

Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
              It looks like a part of the player model, that is on the other side of the water surface, is rendered when "r_water" "1"
              I am aware of this issue but don't have a solution - hiding the player model in water refraction causes other issues...

Comment

The only thing I can add is that it is not present in this build 2011_07_02 and was introduced somewhere around September 2011. Thank you for all your work.
                Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Lag/freeze bug
                  When loaded with rygel's hi-res texture pack there are a lot of lags/freezes every 3-10 seconds, and last about 1-4 seconds each time. Any way to correct this? I've turned threading optimization off in my graphics driver options. I tried the "gl_finish 1" even though I may be using the regular version of Quake and I don't have opengl.

I'm using Windows 7, and other 3D games run smoothly like Torchlight with plenty of mods installed.

Comment

You have probably too little video memory. Rygel's ultra pack textures are huge.
                    Enable textures compression in Options -> Change Video Mode. It will make loadings extremely long though.

Also, consider following a link from my sig.

Comment

thanks. what is the normal texture addon?

Comment

Please, refrain from offtopic discussion in this thread. Google will tell you what normal texture map is.

Comment

Fiends, after a jump, can get stuck if they land on the edge of level geometry. It looks like DP does not detect a touch in such case.
                          It's a very frequent event with darkplaces and it's hard to not encounter it on many levels.

An easy place to replicate is e3m5 – go through the first windtunnel and trick a fiend to jump out of the platform.
                          It'll keep getting stuck on the edge of the platform for 3s after each jump.

There is a 3s timer in original qc to unstuck it in such case, but I don't recall it actually happening with other engines.
                          It's not related to new builds, all build I've used had this problem.

Small issue with new builds: mouselook is enabled on intermission screen when using our csqc hud mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrol1985 View Post
                            Hip2m3 (The Catacombs) - Vores don't spawn and prevent further progress

- Bug description: When I entered the room with a horn of conjuring (the one which summons a Death Knight) I killed a shambler... and didn't know what else to do. I checked every corner of the level and finally decided to watch a walkthrough. In the video, the player enters the room where a shambler appears along with two vores. After killing everyone a message "sequence complete" appears and some doors open leading to stairs and further part of the level. When I played, the vores never spawned thus preventing my progress.
                            This has been fixed in the latest stable.

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                            Fiends, after a jump, can get stuck if they land on the edge of level geometry. It looks like DP does not detect a touch in such case.
                            It's a very frequent event with darkplaces and it's hard to not encounter it on many levels.
                            Thanks, we've been able to reproduce this one but haven't had the time to diagnose the root cause yet.

Comment

*"Controls wont save"*
                              -Closing out DarkPlaces saves my controls, but remaps the default controls too. (Simplest way I can describe it, sorry :u.)
                              -Close and reopen DarkPlaces
                              -This happens on Quake 3: Team Arena also, but on there it happens when I close the menu itself.

Comment

Light artifacts that doesn't happen in other engines:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...ps9a316090.jpg

There's nothing specially complex about this surface or neighbor brushes. Lighting is just ambient (80) and sunlight (255) so far.

There are few more random dark artifacts in this map.

I'm new to DarkPlaces. Is anyone else aware of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X