• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
    @och
    thats because this is not an official expansion-pack,
    and thus you have to start it just like any other mod

so start it with -game dopa
    Thanks, that was easy.

What if I wanted to run dopa and dpmod addons at once?

Comment

• Originally posted by och View Post
      What if I wanted to run dopa and dpmod addons at once?
      -game dpmod -game dopa
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Got it, thanks!

Comment

• hay im using and playing with some 3D tricks with darkplaces. first its outstanding that it even works in the first place! ive done the red blue glasses and now im useing a playstation 3D tv. useing r_stereo_vertical "1" things seem tall and stretched out and very skinny. when useing r_stereo_horizontal "1" things seem short and fat. just kinda the way it gos i think with 3D.

the big issue is when useing r_stereo_horizontal "1" the right side is getting glitches and makes it hard to play. the ground reflects back in your face a lot. it seems to do this around lava and torches and some lights. the hud is kinda strange too.

the biosuite in the SMC mod dose not seem to "go 3D" (hay Seven if you see this)

my video glasses we use only work in r_stereo_horizontal "1" if this could be fixed that would be outstanding. the screen shot may help you see whats going on the issues only seem to be on the right screen. also it will make for better overall experience if the loading screen was in 3D. as of now the 3D kicks in after the map is loaded and is kind jarring to look at when its all split up.

i hope this will help improve darkplaces because darkplaces helped improve quake. 20 year old game works in VR and 3D as well as any other game. OUTSTANDING!!!

http://quakeone.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1468108662

http://quakeone.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1468108662

thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

• I've been getting annoying shadow glitches with both my GTX780 and the freshly upgraded GTX1080 nvidia cards. Turning off rt_world solves the problem but then the game looks completely dull. These shadow problems do not happen if I'm running using internal intel GPU, but it runs about 10 times slower than nvidia. I've seen people discussing it, but was there ever an acceptable solution?

Comment

• Known issue wit all nvidia cards starting with gtx500 series....

Not much you can do about it im afraid.

We can only hope darkplacez Will get updated to fiz this glitching some time

The only known solution is to downgrade gpu drivers to 320.49 drivers,
              Tye bug isnt present when using those old drivers...
              http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-wi...ql-driver.html

But if you have A gpu of 700 series or newer.. .. You're screwed cuz thoze old drivers dont support anything newer then 600 series
              Last edited by talisa; 08-04-2016, 02:22 PM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• .... ooooooor we could stop using an engine that won't get updated anytime soon, and use one that does. See left toolbar for options

Comment

• Originally posted by Izhido View Post
                  .... ooooooor we could stop using an engine that won't get updated anytime soon, and use one that does. See left toolbar for options
                  Please tell me you know what DarkPlaces is.

If you don't know what DarkPlaces is, how can you have an opinion on it.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Izhido View Post
                    .... ooooooor we could stop using an engine that won't get updated anytime soon, and use one that does. See left toolbar for options
                    Here is a DarkPlaces screenshot:

It is barely a Quake engine and has a massive feature set.

And when I say massive, that's a major understatement. Perhaps better would be to say that DarkPlaces has an absurd feature set.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Originally posted by och View Post
                      I've been getting annoying shadow glitches wiith both my GTX780 and the freshly upgraded GTX1080 nvidia cards. Turning off rt_world solves the problem but then the game looks completely dull. These shadow problems do not happen if I'm running using internal intel GPU, but it runs about 10 times slower than nvidia. I've seen people discussing it, but was there ever an acceptable solution?
                      Hello och,

This issue has been discussed several times already. Please use the search function of this forum to find detailed descriptions and solutions.

In my opinion the easiest way to get rid of it is :
                      Enter this one time into your console and it will be saved in your config.cfg.
                      Code:
                       r_shadow_shadowmapping 0
                      It works with every bug-effected Darkplaces build and every driver version !

What it does is, it switches to stencil shadows. So your shadows will have sharp edges instead often soften ones. The bug will be completely gone.

Uuups, my glass of Sangria is empty again ... have to go and refill it
                      Cheers and have fun with your Quake.
                      Seven

Comment

• Well, I do admit I know nothing about DarkPlaces. Yet, if it's true that it's not getting any updates, as talisa seems to imply, and at the speed of current tech advances nowadays, it sure seems the engine will stop being usable in the near future. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Izhido, the fact of the matter is that quakespasm isn't getting many updates either, or at least not new features (its a bit of a joke in that regard, imho). DP will only stop being usable when new new mods require some such new feature, and there's enough DP users around still that any of the mythical new features for quakespasm will be designed to at least have some form of compatibility with DP anyway.
                          And that's assuming that noone else wants to fix the issues with it. Its not like its *completely* abandoned, plus there are a number of forks (albeit minor enough to not have their own names).
                          Besides, the only engine that is in the same league as DP isn't even listed on that panel on the left that you referred to.
                          Some Game Thing

Comment

• Hello Izhido,

Why do you think that Darkplaces is not getting updated?
                            What if i tell you that it got updated just recently? You can read the changelog to see what is new and what it was updated.

Regarding your mentioned speed of tech advances :
                            Read what Baker wrote. Darkplaces was far far beyond every other Quake engine when it came out. So it was this engine that set the Level. And like Spike said, it still plays in a very different league compared to all others.Except FTEQW, wich is made by Spike.

If you want to understand Darkplaces and why it is so popular you also have to look into the past. As already mentioned it set the possibilities at that time and people started making mods.
                            Mod after mod was created. Now there is a huge amount of Darkplaces specific mods. And that means tons of examples and documentation. --> That means that it is incredibly easy to create additional mods as you have a wide sample sets.

And that is exactly where FTEQW comes in :
                            Due to the lack (compared to Darkplaces mods) of FTEQW specific mods it is difficult to create FTEQW specific mods.
                            Spike is doing a FANTASTIC job the last months and years to bring FTEQW to the same level as Darkplaces. And beyond in some areas. He even tries to make FTEQW compatible to Darkplaces mods.
                            Now more and more FTEQW mods see the light and it is just a matter of time when it gets as popular as Darkplaces. Spike is helping wherever he can modders and interested people.

Last but not least :
                            Why is FTEQW not listed on the side of this page?
                            Because this page is not updated anymore since a long time.
                            A lot of downloads in the download section are dead.
                            The banner was planned to be updated fora long time and still nothing.
                            Features have been requested and dont come.
                            Solecord is alone and is needing support wich is not there.
                            Anyhow, FTEQW belongs without a doubt into that list of engines !

My 2 cents

Comment

• Ah, the engine does get updates. Forget I said anything, then .

Comment

• yeah i definitely didnt mean to imply that darkplaces doesnt get updated anymore.

it does, as a matter of fact the last updates were done just today.

and if you check the files directory, you can see that another autobuild was released just today even
                                http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files/

Comment

Working...
                                X