DarkPlaces download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces download?

Yes, i do know where is DarkPlaces, and i have scrolled this forums like a tons of time, so i should know where i am.
    So, can someone give me DarkPlaces download? The direct/original/what ever you called always give me an invalid http response.
    And another question: What is the best Quake engine to use? I'm currently using Baker's Engine X.

LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification
    DirectQ Home
    Qrack
    Best Engine for speed/compatibility : DirectQ (supports external map textures!!)
    Best Engine for Snazzy GFX + speed : Qrack (supports everything practically almost)
    Best Engine for Epic GFX : DarkPlaces (probably the most feature rich available engine.very demanding on computers,better have decent hardware to utilize the real time rendering!)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification
      DirectQ Home
      Qrack
      Best Engine for speed/compatibility : DirectQ (supports external map textures!!)
      Best Engine for Snazzy GFX + speed : Qrack (supports everything practically almost)
      Best Engine for Epic GFX : DarkPlaces (probably the most feature rich available engine.very demanding on computers,better have decent hardware to utilize the real time rendering!)
      Right, thanks for the info.
      What i mean that i can't download DarkPlaces, is from that site. Always got invalid http response.
      And what engine is the best overall, may i ask? Or there is no "best overall" engine available?

EDIT: Fixed the problem. Seems to be the IDM is the problem.
      Last edited by MrHax; 12-13-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Quake.ie | The Home of Irish Quake

Mirror for it and a bunch of other engines.
        RawShark
        http://the.blogofeternalstench.net

Comment

RawShark,

I was asked not to call you what you are.

Your whole website is built of content other people created. You give no attribution, no sources, no mention of it. You make believe all content has been created by you. You even have the brazenness to put a pretend "Copyright © 2012 Quake.ie." in the footer.

I give you one week from now to add attribution to all content you took from quaddicted.com in the form of a hyperlink to the source named "Source:" or "Taken from:" (or something similar) "Quaddicted.com". It can be a link to the homepage but if you are nice you will link to the actual originating webpage. It would be nice to link with a more descriptive title, for example "Quake's Episodes and Maps - Quaddicted.com". You have until the 20st December. If you need more time, say so right away and propose another deadline.

Please add sources to all other plagiasms, for example the walkthrough or the /play page.

On the page you linked above, please link to the websites so people can get updated versions directly from the source instead of your already outdated zip files.

Your(?) maps package is missing a lot of readme files which the mappers often require to be redistributed with the .bsp if they allow redistribution outside the original zip file at all.
          I doubt your non-profit intentions. You have ads everywhere and amazon affiliate links.

You can contact me by e-mail at "my nickname at quaddicted dot com". You did not publish yours, so I post this here.
          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
            RawShark,

Boom goes the dynamite! HEE HEE
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

^^^

My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The cosmos is a complicated place.

I would have figured this thread would mostly involve someone pasting a link to the DarkPlaces web site.

But whadda I know? Less than I thought, it would seem!

What's next? "My favorite color thread" leads to 10 page argument?
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                  RawShark,

Your whole website is built of content other people created. You give no attribution, no sources, no mention of it. You make believe all content has been created by you. You even have the brazenness to put a pretend "Copyright © 2012 Quake.ie." in the footer.

I give you one week from now to add attribution to all content you took from quaddicted.com in the form of a hyperlink to the source named "Source:" or "Taken from:" (or something similar) "Quaddicted.com". It can be a link to the homepage but if you are nice you will link to the actual originating webpage. It would be nice to link with a more descriptive title, for example "Quake's Episodes and Maps - Quaddicted.com". You have until the 20st December. If you need more time, say so right away and propose another deadline.

Please add sources to all other plagiasms, for example the walkthrough or the /play page.

On the page you linked above, please link to the websites so people can get updated versions directly from the source instead of your already outdated zip files.

Your(?) maps package is missing a lot of readme files which the mappers often require to be redistributed with the .bsp if they allow redistribution outside the original zip file at all.
                  I doubt your non-profit intentions. You have ads everywhere and amazon affiliate links.

You can contact me by e-mail at "my nickname at quaddicted dot com". You did not publish yours, so I post this here.
                  Seriously? Where the hell do I claim I authored any of this content? It's a mirror to help people find stuff for Quake. I assume all zip files have a readme containing author information and stuff. I agree there should be links to project sites, and will add now where possible. This was an oversight. If there are files I really should remove, please inform me, plus anything else i really should do. I can be contacted via the site. Btw, the ad placement is to help pay for hosting. It comes nowhere near it - I do this to help stop Quake dying a slow and painful death in Ireland where it used to be quite popular. I pay for the gaming servers completely out of my own pocket. I do this because. like you, I love the game - not for profit. Jeez...
                  RawShark
                  http://the.blogofeternalstench.net

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    The cosmos is a complicated place.

I would have figured this thread would mostly involve someone pasting a link to the DarkPlaces web site.

But whadda I know? Less than I thought, it would seem!

What's next? "My favorite color thread" leads to 10 page argument?
                    hahaha,anythings possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X