Mods on Coop server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods on Coop server?

I've just noticed that my MOTD mod breaks my coop server. Nobody can walk through the slipgates. Is there something different that needs to be done, or can you just not use mods in Coop?

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
    -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Lemme see the code. Also maybe a bit more info?

EDIT: While I wait for your code.....

Basically a check for MOTD will need to be called in PlayerPostThink (). If you use a flag in your check code so it only displays once on connect then you'll need to make sure in ClientConnect () to turn off that same flag. None of the changes in a typical MOTD that I know of would break COOP. Lemme check the code.
    Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-05-2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

http://www.r0t.co.uk/scripts/motd.zip

I made it from a tutorial @ Inside3D http://www.inside3d.com/showtutorial.php?id=129
      Last edited by slackhead; 09-05-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Holy Bad Source, BATMAN! This is a mess! Ok, Fixed! Cleaned up the code with good source and added your motd! Works a treat! I recommend you use this source as a base for anything you decide to add new.

Only 6 errors in FTEQCC

HERE

Comment

Thanks Yeah that's some old source I picked up a few days ago. Now I have the 'clean' source that you linked earlier.

Comment

In other news...

You play Coop alot? Ever played Kleshik? Lemme know if you ever wanna do some COOP or some Monster SP DM stuff. That's always fun.

Comment

Sure, maybe tomorrow night. I'm not that experienced though.

Comment

Downloading a lot of stuff from kleshik server.

Getting console spammed with this:

VM_drawstring: scale x and y is null !

Also I'm seeing messages about files not found that should be in registered game, which I have:

Download rejected: file "sound/hipweap/mjolslap.wav" is in an archive ("pak0.pak")
                You must separately download or purchase the data archives for this game/mod to get this file

Comment

? Which kleshik server? You need to download those files separately yourself here.

Just download the snapshot. After that you'll need to make sure you use this commandline order to get everything loaded correctly with Kleshik.

Code:
                  darkplaces.exe -quake -game rogue -game hipnotic -game id1 -game kleshik
                  Lemme know if you need any more help.

Obviously you should have the two mission packs. Although you don't technically need them, you'll have some invisible assets in the game.

Comment

This one: Cax.quakeitup.com:26003

I tried playing offline. Man....

Comment

it's normal for it to have a few errors. Did you load the assets in the order I showed above? Kleshik is the shit right? Dresk in a genius! Another problem is often that server will have a map rotation that simply don't work with kleshik so you'll randomly crash. Gotta talk to bluntz about that.

If you are running a server there are two maps to consider. One is id1_start and rogue_start. These are kleshik specific start maps for original quake episodes or the rogue mission pack start map.
                      Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-06-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Is everything meant to go black? I can't see anything in some places.

Comment

everything goes black? Could you elaborate? There is a flashlight or flares you could throw. If I remember correctly it does use very low brightness settings so check those.

Comment

Originally posted by slackhead View Post
                            Is everything meant to go black? I can't see anything in some places.
                            When I try to join a server I still get those messages in the console.

Comment

Which messages? Do a condump for me or screenie.

Comment

Working...
                              X