Anticheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticheats

Just wondering what anticheats are available at the moment?

Some guy came on to server last night and asked if I had 'proktec' which I'm guessing is some sort of protection - ie anticheat.

From searching the forum I found out a little, like one that only allows proquake clients. Things that check for patched maps.

Is there anything that I can install in linux for an anticheat, or are they windows-only?

What about a ban manager?

*Edit. I just found a link to qsecurity and have put the .so in my server's quake folder. Don't see any instructions beyond that.

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
    -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

If you are running a DP server then you are in luck for wallhacks.

sv_cullentities_trace 1 is all you need to prevent those. Actually it completely eliminates the possibility. You should have that cvar on anyway because it improves network traffic.

AntiCheats for quake are I think mostly useless. Qsecurity.dll is pretty useless too. Easily bypassed and doesn't really prevent any of the top problems in terms of cheating. Wallhacks and aimbots. It is also utilized only to allow you to connect to proquake servers that use this feature to check for whether or not you are running Proquake. That's basically it. This is easy to hack because all it does is look for the file, verify you have proquake running (which can be faked using an injector or similar) and then allows you to connect. And sinse its only useful to you if you are going to run a proquake server I am not sure its the solution you are looking for. However you can get this here. It includes the linux version you need .so file. All you do with them is place them in your root quake folder and now you can connect to proquake servers that require this security .dll. I am sure they have bypasses available for this.

A good ban system would be nice and your best bet. Probably get with r00k because I believe he has an autoban system in his CAx mod. But could be wrong. Tho I believe it only checks for bots?
    Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-27-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
      If you are running a DP server then you are in luck for wallhacks.

sv_cullentities_trace 1 is all you need to prevent those. Actually it completely eliminates the possibility. You should have that cvar on anyway because it improves network traffic.
      Done.

However you can get this here. It includes the linux version you need .so file. All you do with them is place them in your root quake folder and now you can connect to proquake servers that require this security .dll. I am sure they have bypasses available for this.
      Right, this is the one I found a little while ago.

A good ban system would be nice and your best bet. Probably get with r00k because I believe he has an autoban system in his CAx mod. But could be wrong. Tho I believe it only checks for bots?
      Rgr.

Comment

Spike made some good points in another thread about cheats. If I recall, the engine with the proxybot code is able to figure out what entities are the real human clients in many ways - the most reliable methods seems ot be the model assigned to the ent. (progs/player.mdl)

I have always thought there are some other ways to test for bots, perhaps in the background with some QC that monitors accuracy or measures the reaction time in scenarios that make them obvious to the eye. The old proxybots use to spin around very fast, but these days alot of players can spin the mouse very fast and false positive a bot. At one early stage the proxy bot merely fired a rocket out of its "ass" , which was a dead giveaway, but I believe thats been remedied. Maybe the biggest problem is the engines are all open src, so it means anything you code in there is also studied by the cheaters, and at some point it makes it useless to write anti cheats.

Spike also said there is no way to stop anyone from recompiling the maps using transparent textures, which I believe is true.

At one point when I played Wolfenstien Enemy Territory years ago, admins had code to capture a screenshot in the game on suspicious players, and I think the Q3 engine has a specific built in that even feeds the screenshot back to the server in the data packets...but again apparently the Q# engine src is open src, and once players found out about that they merely put in new code to ignore the screenshot request.

Comment

This thread has a major suckage factor I'm finding impossible to ignore.

A) 97% of the online NetQuake server are ProQuake which has had anti-wallhack since 2007 --- that's 7 years. Case in point: QuakeOne - Anti-Wallhack Server. Wallhacks or transparent walls are absolutely irrelevant have been for the better part of a decade.

B) The ProQuake 'security module' is irrelevant. There hasn't even been a ProQuake supporting that since 2008 and no other engine supports it [because relying on security module is flawed and does not ensure a lacking of 'cheating']. If you set up a server using that, there is nothing anyone is using that would even be able to connect to it, and you'd discover that real fast.

C) Great, you are using transparent textures ... it makes no difference ... you won't see a thing behind the walls, ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf94PbE-b9I ... since 2007. Not even remotely new ...

D) A cheat-engine doesn't need to check the model to figure out if it is a player, on a server with 16 player slots, the first 16 entities are player-slots. So like entity #5 is going to be a player.

I'm not faulting anyone participating in this thread, but the information quality is just really, really bad.

No one's fault, I suppose, everyone posting comments is pretty damn smart ... but ow ...
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Cobalt/Primal/slackhead can't be expected to know those things.

when you coming back? Your seat's getting cold brah
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              Cobalt/Primal/slackhead can't be expected to know those things.
              And all of them are very talented.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

@Baker

Agreed. The quality of information could be much better. Which is why I am glad you showed up. I was just using placeholder info til you arrived. LOL! Also, I knew he was currently using DP as his server so the cvar I mentioned seemed most relevant because it too completely stops wall hacks. And as far as I know, there isn't any good way to stop aimbots on any engine but I could be wrong. Thanks for the additional information! It's always appreciated!

Comment

Hm interesting. I never tried transparent tex's - but the concept of it to me means completely transparent maps, but I guess my impression about the term was wrong. I only got back int Q again in like 2010 or 2011 , I forget, but I was gone since about 2003 so I missed alot of course.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  C) Great, you are using transparent textures ... it makes no difference ... you won't see a thing behind the walls, ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf94PbE-b9I ... since 2007. Not even remotely new ...

Comment

Well I'm glad that wallhacks are no longer an issue. I don't know what to do about aimbots, but a ban system would be useful. Something with an ban IP list doable in QC.

Coming from UT I'm used to people laming about. Some years ago, many botters would just go on servers and shoot everything that moved, and they didn't try hard to disguise it. 180° turnes and all. With the advent of trigger bots it gets harder to see, as some players do try to disguise it and pass it off as skill.

Comment

Thats another good point. All you have to do is walk down the ent list from world howevermany times maxplayers is to determine which are real client slots.

Also good fix on the video btw.

Maybe my thoughts are way off, but is it possible to create a new set of ents (In engine C) that are only server side - this way the client has no control of their interaction, and perhaps it means really creating a "pure server engine" in a sense and moving away from the convienience of server and client sharing the same code precisely....but lets say these ents mimic the attributes that would identify them as player slots and show the same model field a player would and anything else. Ideally in effect the client engine would see them as player slots and react to them, when they shouldnt, and that could be the dection flag for a bot. Perhaps perform a test before the client enters the game and move these entities around the player during the game and if its always turning to face these ents, its a bot.

The trick would be masking these ents from the client side, which I guess cant really be done...so you would have to have some special thing like maybe an attachment ent for each player slot that to the client it appears to also be the client, and if it attacks the attachment say when the client is dead, its a bot...?

Probably not feasable right, Im not an engine coder yet

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      D) A cheat-engine doesn't need to check the model to figure out if it is a player, on a server with 16 player slots, the first 16 entities are player-slots. So like entity #5 is going to be a player.

Comment

I'm a bit confused here. An aimbot is usually a hacked engine that autoaims for a player. They still take a normal player slot and appear as a normal player. Or is this not the case in Quake?

Comment

Aimbot's are blatant as hell though hehe.
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The old, original kind are, but ever seem someone use a trigger bot? It doesn't aim for them; it simply fires when crosshair is over the target. Much more difficult to spot.

Comment

aimbots are harder to detect although u will see them spin around -270 sometimes instead of +90. best case is to eyecam and record a demo and subit to the admin if u have suspicions.
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X