Linux - Start Quake Server on Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux - Start Quake Server on Boot

Last edited by Tremor; 03-22-2017, 10:47 PM.

this is a day of days! Thank you friend!

Comment

We should see the day Quake comes hard coded in the BIOS of every device manufactured, really.

Comment

That is really nice Tremor. I have something similar, just there is no "on boot" since the cronjob will start quake within the minute after boot. Why are you redirecting stderr to /dev/null? Might want to get notified if there is an error...
        Life is Grand!

Comment

My Ubuntu install is working pretty nicely. I'm really happy with that OS.
          Next year when I get google Fiber and try hosting a server, this information will come to use!
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Hey Armor,

Thanks man, and yeah.. I don't have any reasoning for redirecting to /dev/null other than I didn't want to deal with it at the time. It would be more prudent to do something with the output in the event that something goes wrong, if you're so inclined..

Another thing that you might have noticed is that the pid file isn't in /var/run/ where it ought to be.. There are a couple of other things I want to do some testing on with this and felt a bit uncomfortable putting it there. When it's all said and done, I'll clean it all up.

Rook,
            Glad you're enjoying the wonderful world of linux. Keep at it. Guarantee that if you do, you'll make the perma-switch.
            Last edited by Tremor; 11-11-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X