Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lan-server with observer/spectator mode ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan-server with observer/spectator mode ?

Hi all

Im trying to setup a lan-server in a few days.

Im having problems with setting up a dedicated server with observer/spectate mod.

I want to have 1 computer join as a spectator with eyecam on the most scoring player.

Ive tried ezQuake, but its really confusing, cause I cant figure out how to restart a map...

Can anyone please help me to where I can find the software and how to set it up ??

-Gojo

Hi Gofisk

Normally Quake comes in two flavours, NetQuake or QuakeWorld, and each may have have their own software methods of setting it up and configuring it. Therefore the first question is probably are you trying to set up a netquake or quakeworld server?

If it is NetQuake then you have a number of options available to you but as you appear to need a spectator mode that automatically flips to the highest score rate perhaps a runequake server running in FFA mode using a dedicated Proquake engine might fit the bill. You might also consider CRMOD which may also do most of what your need.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-24-2014, 09:17 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
    X