Server adds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gdr View Post
    I plan to keep it permanently. Concerned about the PL you are getting though. Will need others to confirm this. Its a 1GB link up/down. I will add one to Portland and Saltlake this week and have you test.
    Polarite isn't in the continental USA, so that might have something to do with it?

I forget where, but he's across the big blue pond known as the Atlantic, and the server is located on the west coast so, I would imagine there are an insane amount of hops to traverse.

bbl
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Connecting from NY state I get a solid 125 ping.

Server is up but have some issues.

Hostname: west.rocketkill.com:26000

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        Polarite isn't in the continental USA, so that might have something to do with it?

I forget where, but he's across the big blue pond known as the Atlantic, and the server is located on the west coast so, I would imagine there are an insane amount of hops to traverse.

bbl
        On other servers is the US I don't have PL.
        But indeed it could be some hop on the way , I will check that.
        My servers for the gamers:
        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
        Offline ATM
        fvf.servequake.com
        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
        Offline ATM
        newdm.servequake.com
        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
        sigpic

Comment

Update : Did the test again and had no PL anymore.

Ping = 149 - 165

Server is added to the quakeone serverlist.
          My servers for the gamers:
          bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
          port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
          Offline ATM
          fvf.servequake.com
          flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
          Offline ATM
          newdm.servequake.com
          port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Polarite View Post
            Update : Did the test again and had no PL anymore.

Ping = 149 - 165

Server is added to the quakeone serverlist.
            Thanks Polar - more to come

Comment

Gdr, hopefully we can rebuild the westcoast Quakers. For the longest time there hasn't been any west coast servers, so it might take some time before enough west coasters take notice of these recent additions. One things for sure, it won't happen over night
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Gdr, hopefully we can rebuild the westcoast Quakers. For the longest time there hasn't been any west coast servers, so it might take some time before enough west coasters take notice of these recent additions. One things for sure, it won't happen over night
                I am thinking we will have more luck putting them in Saltlake, Arizona, Denver, Dallas area. So we have them centrally located and east/west players can meet up with AVG 60-80 ping. What do you think?

Comment

Dallas is a proven popular location, rage.quakeone.com , dm.quaketx.com being the most popular ClanArena/ClanRing servers,get the most traffic at present day. The only problem with Dallas is, if it is already out of reach for under 50ms latency for westies/easties, then it probably won't be any better for them, that's just a hypothesis that I feel would hold true.

I don't know how much this will help, but this is an interesting image I dug up on google.

I'm not sure who we are targeting is the biggest hurdle I'm seeing, our playerbase has really dwindled down to these stats...

GameStatus Player Stats
                  ^ that link shows players who have played enough minutes to break into the ranked category.

GameStatus Player Stats
                  ^ that link shows how many players have merely connected to a server and remained long enough to be seen / have not played enough to be considered in the ranked category

http://www.gamestatus.net/find.cgi?g...ion=serversort
                  ^that link shows what servers are actively being tracked for rankings.

I appreciate everything you are doing for our community,and I do not want to hold back the honesty which I am giving you in those above links/images. That's the best I got! I can't be any more blunt than what I have mentioned in this post, I've given it the thought,and the thought is what counts.

Do you play Quakeworld? What's the scene like in QW if you do? Is it as much of a dried up lake bed as NetQuake? The last time I fired up Quakeworld ,I seen ParadokS idling on a 1v1 server, I went, got my ass readily handed to me lol.

I am forever contemplating ways to reinvigorate the Q1 scene.... where ever I go in multiplayer gaming in more modern games such as Battlefield4, Titanfall, & Need for Speed Rivals, I advertise Quake1 as much as possible.

BF4 = Q1 clan tag
                  Titanfall = I yap about Quake1 regularly.
                  NFS Rivals = I always have Quake1 on the license plate of the vehicles I am driving.

Once or twice a year I go invade a random gaming forum like IGN and bring up Quake1 subject line discussions, anything I can do to help our community I make the effort.

ps : I don't hate RuneQuake, I actually love the mod, but as I said in a private message awhile back, those Quakers are almost entirely impossible to try a new server. Randomly when the Shmack server isn't active, we will see a rune gamer venture outside Shmack, but for the most part, they pretty much stick to Shmack. I keep getting this sense that I am leaving that crowd out,because no matter how much non rune quakers wish to dismiss the rune community/call them newbs/whatever the typical drivel, THEY ARE QUAKERS. I still feel horrible when I discuss the "Quake community" as a whole, and neglect to mention them. Truth be told, RuneQuake has a more stable active community of quaker's than the rest of the other mods communities....... Everyday I witness Shmack getting game time of 5 or more players. The same can not be said for CA/TDM/CTF.

My biggest fear is Quake1 is embodying Custard (last stand). Not much can be said about this, other than....

(its Rant:Thirty from here on below)
                  Thanks for the neglect Id software. Glad Quake3 > Quake1 , in their eyes apparently....
                  Thanks John Romero, what could have been a fleeting success of traffic being directed our way / interest in Quake1 with the concept of Disco Rockstar/Planet9's "Between two Quads" special edition of Quake1 Creator / Quake1 fan I proposed to you got buried in your to-ignore-list.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-21-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Dallas is a proven popular location, rage.quakeone.com , dm.quaketx.com being the most popular ClanArena/ClanRing servers,get the most traffic at present day. The only problem with Dallas is, if it is already out of reach for under 50ms latency for westies/easties, then it probably won't be any better for them, that's just a hypothesis that I feel would hold true.

I don't know how much this will help, but this is an interesting image I dug up on google.

I'm not sure who we are targeting is the biggest hurdle I'm seeing, our playerbase has really dwindled down to these stats...

GameStatus Player Stats
                    ^ that link shows players who have played enough minutes to break into the ranked category.

GameStatus Player Stats
                    ^ that link shows how many players have merely connected to a server and remained long enough to be seen / have not played enough to be considered in the ranked category

GameStatus Server Stats
                    ^that link shows what servers are actively being tracked for rankings.

I appreciate everything you are doing for our community,and I do not want to hold back the honesty which I am giving you in those above links/images. That's the best I got! I can't be any more blunt than what I have mentioned in this post, I've given it the thought,and the thought is what counts.

Do you play Quakeworld? What's the scene like in QW if you do? Is it as much of a dried up lake bed as NetQuake? The last time I fired up Quakeworld ,I seen ParadokS idling on a 1v1 server, I went, got my ass readily handed to me lol.

I am forever contemplating ways to reinvigorate the Q1 scene.... where ever I go in multiplayer gaming in more modern games such as Battlefield4, Titanfall, & Need for Speed Rivals, I advertise Quake1 as much as possible.

BF4 = Q1 clan tag
                    Titanfall = I yap about Quake1 regularly.
                    NFS Rivals = I always have Quake1 on the license plate of the vehicles I am driving.

Once or twice a year I go invade a random gaming forum like IGN and bring up Quake1 subject line discussions, anything I can do to help our community I make the effort.

ps : I don't hate RuneQuake, I actually love the mod, but as I said in a private message awhile back, those Quakers are almost entirely impossible to try a new server. Randomly when the Shmack server isn't active, we will see a rune gamer venture outside Shmack, but for the most part, they pretty much stick to Shmack. I keep getting this sense that I am leaving that crowd out,because no matter how much non rune quakers wish to dismiss the rune community/call them newbs/whatever the typical drivel, THEY ARE QUAKERS. I still feel horrible when I discuss the "Quake community" as a whole, and neglect to mention them. Truth be told, RuneQuake has a more stable active community of quaker's than the rest of the other mods communities....... Everyday I witness Shmack getting game time of 5 or more players. The same can not be said for CA/TDM/CTF.

My biggest fear is Quake1 is embodying Custard (last stand). Not much can be said about this, other than....

(its Rant:Thirty from here on below)
                    Thanks for the neglect Id software. Glad Quake3 > Quake1 , in their eyes apparently....
                    Thanks John Romero, what could have been a fleeting success of traffic being directed our way / interest in Quake1 with the concept of Disco Rockstar/Planet9's "Between two Quads" special edition of Quake1 Creator / Quake1 fan I proposed to you got buried in your to-ignore-list.

Wow I am impressed by the all the info . I think I will put up the servers I stated above and see what happens, Its no lose to me as they are already payed up for a year. I have noticed the the North American QW scene is starting to come alive again. Two active clans as I know off , nothing like EU , but there is hope. There are regular 4v4s at least 3 -4 times a week. We are split , all over the country, so they tend to meet up at the Denver/Dallas servers to even out the game play. I was surprised to see so much activity lately, I just got back in to the scene a few months ago, but it seems life time players are noticing a come back. A lot of servers to offer and Brazil seems one of the surprises that had a rapid surge of quake players. NA players have put up servers in Panama and Brazil so we can play them at decent ping levels. There is also a CA tourney happening, I think Brazil is winning. Things go up and down and I wish both NQ and QW could find common ground and choose one platform to bring more player together I know that would never happen as each community has true love their game. I am trying to bring old Quakers back I still have contact with and most laugh- but again they don't understand how modern quake has changed. I have noticed a lot of people leave and try new games and always come back - there hasn't been a game like Quake yet- its hard to top a perfect work of art.

Comment

Wow I am impressed by the all the info . I think I will put up the servers I stated above and see what happens, Its no lose to me as they are already payed up for a year. I have noticed the the North American QW scene is starting to come alive again. Two active clans as I know off , nothing like EU , but there is hope. There are regular 4v4s at least 3 -4 times a week. We are split , all over the country, so they tend to meet up at the Denver/Dallas servers to even out the game play. I was surprised to see so much activity lately, I just got back in to the scene a few months ago, but it seems life time players are noticing a come back. A lot of servers to offer and Brazil seems one of the surprises that had a rapid surge of quake players. NA players have put up servers in Panama and Brazil so we can play them at decent ping levels. There is also a CA tourney happening, I think Brazil is winning. Things go up and down and I wish both NQ and QW could find common ground and choose one platform to bring more player together I know that would never happen as each community has true love their game. I am trying to bring old Quakers back I still have contact with and most laugh- but again they don't understand how modern quake has changed. I have noticed a lot of people leave and try new games and always come back - there hasn't been a game like Quake yet- its hard to top a perfect work of art.
                      Quake has always been fast paced, more so than modern FPS games like CoD or BF series. I have only noticed one game to even remotely come close to the fast paced action of Q1, and that was Titanfall, but those two games cannot be compared in any respect other than they are both fast paced first person shooters.

When given the option of playing the modern FPS I own versus playing a team game of Quake, 9 times out of 10 Quake wins.

Comment

The quake scene has died off quite a bit. I dont even have quake on my laptop any longer. I got my new desktop in and only installed 1 game and it was not quake. I think I am pretty much done. Been over 2 months since I have even seen a CAX game. Amebix use to text me to play but have not heard from him in 2 months or longer. Been watching the server list and all I see is quaketx TDM games going on. No interest here.

Comment

I feel you there, wicked... in tdm, I'm a big liability to my own team.

I tried connecting to west.rocketkill.com, but it's down? I even tried connecting with FTE in case it was quakeworld (on 26000...?), but it seems even quakeone.com shows it in the serverlist at 00/00, so it must not be just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
                            I feel you there, wicked... in tdm, I'm a big liability to my own team.

I tried connecting to west.rocketkill.com, but it's down? I even tried connecting with FTE in case it was quakeworld (on 26000...?), but it seems even quakeone.com shows it in the serverlist at 00/00, so it must not be just me.
                            I would play DM however I dislike sitting and waiting to get picked. When I do get picked I am already bored from the long wait. I am a big help and score well during DM games most of the time but it takes 45 mins to get a 20min game going. At least in CAx you connect press 1-4 and someone else does to and boom lets rock.

EDIT: Oh did I mention the constant nagging and shit talk the DM community has? Yea no time for it. Shut up and play.

Comment

Too bad clan arena has zero supporting players now days.

Comment

sorry for some reason cron job wont auto run the proquake server. Does fine for the QW one. Not sure - I had to manually restart it.

Comment

Working...
                                X