X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUX1-AUX32 Binding keys?

Anyone know what these keys are for ?

As per: http://www.clanwos.org/documents/How...For_Quake2.txt

They are valid keys for binds and seem represented in Darkplaces as valid, but I also thought I saw someplece that defined the scroll lock and print screen keys as well but cant find it.

I once got a gamepad working in FTE using these AUX buttons.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Thats interesting discovery. A USB gamepad?

Comment

Yeah, I think so.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

It's far easier to get a gamepad to work via it's profiler. You just keep the standard keys you would use in quake, and then use the profiler to assign those keys to the gamepad.

You could juggle AUXnum all day long and never get it to work right. Telling ex: D-Pad up to be UP key (in the profiler) is clear and simple. Actually, D-Pad UP is already the up key. So, there is also the point that some of the controller is going to default to what you want to begin with.

There was a post a while back about using split screen with FTE. Someone was trying to get keyboard/controller working simultaneously. They spun their wheels a lot and Spike answered lots of questions. Dude could have just used his profiler and been done in like 5 minutes.

Another example is my Netradiant controller. There is probably some crazy way I could have redefined radiant shortcuts to be buttons on my controller however, it was far easier to tell my controller buttons to be radiant shortcuts.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it DOES (maybe) stop you from wasting a bunch of time. The only way not using a profiler would be "better" is if your controller isn't supported by a profiler. In which case I would say get a new controller. My controller was $19 and came with a bad-ass profiler.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-04-2015, 04:57 AM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
          X