Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malice source code

Hello,

As far as I know, the Malice source code has not been officially released yet.
    Webangel, beeing a great fan of Malice, even contacted the original devs and asked for it.
    Luckily she got a response from them. They said that back in the day they added special precautions to make their progs.dat not decompilable, as they didnt want others to steal it or misuse it. But now, as they are willing to release it after webangles request, they are very sorry, but they do not have it anymore and regret that they added the precautions.

So far so bad.
    I was more than suprised as I have read over at moddb that someone made a mod based on Malice source and even officialy released the mods source. By looking at the source it is obvious that it was decompiled by a decompiler based on frikaCīs.

Anyhow, for anyone who is interested in Malice source (as long as it is there) you can download it in a slightly modified way from there. But for a qc modder it should be no problem to get it back to original.

Regards,
    Seven

This is what I have. As close to a mod source code, as I can imagine

maldvkit.zip
    malqoole.zip
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Hello hgdagon,

Your files include no source code. It is a "Mapper dev kit" to create maps, that have the additional malice gamecode functions in the fgd file.
      It is not possible to create mods of malice without the gamecode source.
      But anyway, Thanks for sharing.

PS: Did you already try your new ferociously running shalraths ? How do you like them ?

Have fun,
      Seven

Comment

Very nice find Seven. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I restored Malice source code in 2014.
          Spent on it 3 days)

i can give src,if you need)

Comment

Hi st1x51,

Sure why not.
            It is always good to have sources to learn from.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X