Question regarding Darkplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Darkplaces

I'm new to QuakeOne (have been reading on it for a while, but haven't registered until now), so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm trying to make an HD texture mod for the age-old Travail mission pack.
    The textures do show up in-game, but when I shoot the wall or an enemy on the texture, no bullet holes or blood splatter show up on the custom texture used. Every other texture I didn't implement is unaffected. Can someone explain what's going on and what I can do to fix it? Cheers.

Be sure to have no alpha layers in your textures.
    Use 24-bit textures.
    When you have alpha layers or 32-bit textures you will run into those issues.

There is also a difference between world textures and model textures when you talk about decals.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
      Be sure to have no alpha layers in your textures.
      Use 24-bit textures.
      When you have alpha layers or 32-bit textures you will run into those issues.

There is also a difference between world textures and model textures when you talk about decals.
      I have alpha mapping disabled, it's a 24-bit texture, and I still come across the issue. Is there anything deeper to this than I initially thought based on what you've stated? It's also a world texture I'm trying to make (to clear things up a bit).
      Last edited by Lupara; 02-24-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Hello Lupara,

If it is a world texture you are having troubles with, I would do the following:
        You surely know the Quake Revitalization Project.
        It covers high resolution files for all Quake world textures.
        Just pick the one you are trying to make and see how the QRP have done it.
        Compare its properties and so on.

Or rename any QRP texture to the Travail texture you want to make. It doesnt have to fit, just for testing purpose !
        And place it into the travail/textures folder.
        When you load your travail map now, the texture should be replaced with the QRP one.
        Now you can test if the qrp texture also have the issues you are facing in the game.

If not, you need to use the texture properties and follow them for your own.
        If the problem ramains, it may be some setting of your configs.

Best of luck,
        Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          Hello Lupara,

If it is a world texture you are having troubles with, I would do the following:
          You surely know the Quake Revitalization Project.
          It covers high resolution files for all Quake world textures.
          Just pick the one you are trying to make and see how the QRP have done it.
          Compare its properties and so on.

Or rename any QRP texture to the Travail texture you want to make. It doesnt have to fit, just for testing purpose !
          And place it into the travail/textures folder.
          When you load your travail map now, the texture should be replaced with the QRP one.
          Now you can test if the qrp texture also have the issues you are facing in the game.

If not, you need to use the texture properties and follow them for your own.
          If the problem ramains, it may be some setting of your configs.

Best of luck,
          Seven
          It worked! Thank you so much! Now to get re-texturing.

Comment

Glad you could fix the problem.
            Now suprise us with your work

Comment

It's gonna take a while, but it'll be worth filling the void for an HD Travail texture pack.

Comment

Working...
              X