I would like to make a quake TC of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to make a quake TC of...

Double Dragon 2, the revenge (for NES). Would anyone be interested in helping me with modeling, QC, mapping, etc?

I have very fond memories of this game predating quake. I want to recreate the exact experience, only with 360 degree freedom. I solicited people on the quake central forum, so I don't know if I should ask here. I would like to know where can I post this request to solicit artists/coders?

Two things:

1. BADASS. Double Dragon II is awesome, and I think this is a cool concept. You should totally go for it.

2. I'd assume you would go somewhere like Func_Msgboard (Here:Func_Msgboard: Forum), but If you can't find anyone I'd say you should keep asking around, someone's bound to help you at some point.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Making mods/tc's is not a focus here, but many members do know how to do at least one aspect (maps, models, etc). I think it will be hard to find someone with the gusto to keep working on one if they are not into DDII. Even for someone that knows how to do something, it still takes weeks to get something together, due to the codependencies of modding/modeling, mapping/modding, and wrapping it all together in a project.

Basically, my thinking is that you'll have to do most of the work if you want to get something done. If you have at least a half-completed project, it will be easier to get help. I don't know what skills you have, but now's the time to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
        Making mods/tc's is not a focus here, but many members do know how to do at least one aspect (maps, models, etc). I think it will be hard to find someone with the gusto to keep working on one if they are not into DDII. Even for someone that knows how to do something, it still takes weeks to get something together, due to the codependencies of modding/modeling, mapping/modding, and wrapping it all together in a project.

Basically, my thinking is that you'll have to do most of the work if you want to get something done. If you have at least a half-completed project, it will be easier to get help. I don't know what skills you have, but now's the time to shine.
        Thanks for the great feedback. This is sort of what I was looking for when I asked. While I'm new to QC (I can run all the insideqc tuts without a problem using FTE tools, but I have specific questions here and there), I do have in depth knowledge of 3D game programming/simulations and some modeling (https://www.youtube.com/user/faisalwho).

Honestly this project is a toss up between making it using Idtech2 versus my own game engine currently in progress. I though I'd check in the off chance someone in the community was interested or passionate about the project. Nintendo is very strict about taking down DD ports, my version would be more of a proof of concept Homage to keep them off my back.

Writing this, I think I've decided in my very little spare time to persue this using Quake/QC as it seams like more fun, lesser work and a great learning experience (my own game engine has benefitted from the wisdom of the legend that is John Carmack). When I have something to show, I will post it on these forums to garner interest.

Comment

Answering questions is way easier, so those that do know about a problem you're having should help you here. I can make ok maps, but my main experience is coding, especially quakec, so I try to answer questions here when I can.

Comment

Working...
          X