im running linux/darkplaces/dpmod
    dpmod is a mod by lordhavoc, creator of darkplaces
    problem is the bots dont move

would like a bot that is easy to integrate with mods

i tried integrating reaperbot and frikbot in dpmod, with no success
    any sugestions ?

im a quakec noob, i barely understand whats going on
    but i managed to add the hook mod to navy seals and to reaperbot mods

Not to be mean, but you might be biting off more than you can chew. It's good that you found how to add the hook to another mod, but the problems you are encountering may go beyond just quakec bugs. Of course, it could just be a function call missing somewhere, but dpmod has a different structure for doing some things, so the mods may be incompatible. You actually aren't giving enough information that could let someone help you, but that's ok; you can't know everything right away.

I poked around dpmod just now and found it already has bots? I see havocbot.qc and some others. It looks like you just do the console command "bots" and a number to tell dpmod to add bots.

Anyway, keep messing with quakec, learn how to make small changes and why the order of some things are important. A few of us here can help, but we'd have to know specifically what happened (sometimes even line-by-line) to give you specific help.

Comment

havocbots seem to need waypoints, and wp seem to exist only for dm1
      so except dm1 havocbot doesent move
      i tried converting .way from frikbot to .waypoint for havocbots, but its not working

i just thought of something, even though its probably overkill
      if the functions in 2 mods have same name, one can try to rename
      function to function2 so each mod calls its own function
      is this true, or there are other incompatible stuff to worry about?
      Last edited by zpimp; 08-31-2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

The problem of having two functions with the same name is solved by changing one of the names, sure... assuming you make sure every call to the function is also renamed.

Comment

Quake-c and frikbot

In my experience Frikbot is the easiest bot to add to any mod hands down. From what I remember you need to modify the qc in less than 10 places.
          They are also more bulletproof with regards to mods that change aspects of weapons and items. Or similar mods - putclientinserver, etc.

Just curious - did you check the bot entities in the live server and the associated physics object for an appropriate self.movetype.

This is what I got from a bot on my server:
          server EDICT 8:
          modelindex 36.0000
          movetype 3.0000
          classname player
          netname Servo

server EDICT 16:
          classname phys_obj
          owner entity 8
          movetype 4.0000

And:

#define MOVETYPE_STEP 4 // discrete, not real time unless fall
          #define MOVETYPE_WALK 3 // players only

If, for any reason, bots have the wrong movetype, they are going nowhere.

Other test possibilities: try a different map. An episode 1 map: e1m? or one of dm?.

I run the bots with dynamic waypoint gen because most of my maps arent ones with pre-generated waypoint files. They seem to run on all but the most complex of maps just fine.

I have had some success integrating pkbot and frikbot in one mod.
          I believe pkbot to be very similar to various reaper code base but with some differences.
          I can be persuaded to have a look at the code you are running...

Support free code and get credit! - Hint "Pledge 24" comes with extra releases.

Comment

Reviewing some notes, I have encountered a situation where a group of frikbots will end up in different areas of the map, just sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Everything is still moving and operating as normal.
            They just get stuck in a waiting state.
            If you go and shoot one, they start moving again.

Perhaps this is the issue at hand.

In this case, my solution was to add in another type of bot - the pkbot.
            Then they all keep moving.
            numbersix - Mod DB [_] Six Gaming

Support free code and get credit! - Hint "Pledge 24" comes with extra releases.

Comment

Working...
            X