Where to find support for hipnotic entities in worldcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find support for hipnotic entities in worldcraft

Does anyone know how to make use of the hipnotic .fgd file with worldcraft? I have the expansion pack, but worldcraft doesn't accept to run the program?

Entity info for hipnotic:

http://hosted.planetquake.gamespy.co...ft/index2.shtm

Go into options and add -hipnotic to the Quake start command line in Worldcraft and specify the hipnotic.fgd file as the one you want to use in options.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks, but

Thanks for the tip, but even when I add both -hipnotic or -game hipnotic in the worldcraft-game-executable option, nothing happens after the compiling is done. Quake just won't start. Is it because I am using darkplaces?

Comment

I would use either FitzQuake or Enhanced GLQuake -- which are 2 highly compatible Quake engines (DarkPlaces is known to be rather incompatible with many maps/mods -- I've run into strange oddities with DarkPlaces.)

However, that being said -- it isn't necessarily the problem. Do you have the map editor and the Quake engine on different hard drives? Worldcraft needs the editor and the Quake engine on the same drive.

If that isn't the issue, I would post your question in the mapping help thread at Func_Msgboard; the defacto home of map development:

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_...d=4&start=5794
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Func_Msgboard

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you

Comment

I think he's looking for an entity list that worldcraft uses to make things in the level...

Did you get any help, ander? I had to make my own list for the editor I use to add nehahra entites. If we're lucky the format is the same, and I can send you the hip list I got somewhere, or just figure out how to make a worldcraft list.

Comment

Hi Zop.. No, I am not looking for such a list.. My problem was that I wanted to make use of Hipnotic functions such as Func_Rotate, which requires worldcraft to load the mission pack after compiling the map.. but it refused to load my version of Dissolution (sorry about the late reply).

Comment

My prior link was messed up because the page was in a frame.

This is the correct link:

http://hosted.planetquake.gamespy.co.../hipnotic.shtm

The Q1 mapping community has a map help thread ideal for frustrating mapping issues:

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_...d=4&start=5830

There is also the mapping community IRC channel:

irc://irc.quakenet.org/terrafusion

Comment

You don't have to run anything from inside WorldCraft, the compile tools and engine usually run better when started separately. The only thing that matters is that the compiled bsp is put in the right directory, for hipnotic (Scourge Of Armagon) that's hipnotic/maps. If you instead mean rogue (Dissolution of Eternity) it's rogue/maps.

Comment

Darkplaces was mentioned, so I must step in and say that only 2 problems occur with Hipnotic in the engine is that rubble maintains its damaging touch function when it has 0 velocity, and that monsters summoned by the Horn of Conjuring stay in place attacking without success (not that they were very useful in the first place).
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                    X