Qoole level editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qoole level editor

Anyone have experience with Qoole? To me it's been the easiest level editor to work with. It's been years since I attempted WorldCraft, but I remember it being really non-intuitive. Qoole is very intuitive, and although it has a few bugs and math issues, it's the easiest thing for someone who wants to dabble in level editing without a steep learning curve. I only hear about WC here, is it really much better?
    Bizarro!
    -Bizarro

I gave Qoole a try(because it supports my favorite game HeXenII) but QuArK is better, which is also very intuitive.

Comment

http://www.quakeone.com/navigator
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

WorldCraft is more established and recognized, and far more stable in terms of the raw technical aspects.

I agree with you, Qoole is amazingly intuitive, the 3d view works like Quake and every other button you click and keystroke you make does what you thought it was going to. Unfortunately it is plagued with significant bugs in each version, be it broken .map files, failing texture loaders, or corruption of brushes (in one version if you use Edge Manipulation too much, it suddenly stops working) amongst a myriad of other problems.

I do love its interface however, and was amazingly productive with it - up until it crashed... Which was always inevitable for me. I have so many cool beginnings of sp maps on my hd which dont quite work due to the technical failings. I also at this point have a broken .map file for each room of q3dm2 for Quake (I always liked the map).

Ive not used QuArK for mapping, Asaki has, he made a right decent dm map one time. A few others use BSP, neg!ke uses Quest and hes a pretty skilled mapper - and the rest basically use a form of WorldCraft or Radiant.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Interesting. Maybe I will give QuArK or WorldCraft a try at some point. I admit Qoole has some bugs that make it annoying to work with, but since I haven't done anything too complex with it, it hasn't been a big issue. I'm sure with bigger levels it could be a real problem.
          Bizarro!
          -Bizarro

Comment

Apparently as things get larger, its precision gets spotty, which can lead to some real problems... Ive had mostly show stopping bugs unfortunately for me... Which makes me sad, because it is a wonderful interface (I tried using it when it was brand new, and immediately knew what was going on, the only tutoring I needed for it was the tutorials explaining the Quake entities and how to use them beyond basic placement of monsters and such).
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
            X