No announcement yet.

Nearly GPLish E1Mx, START + DM2/3/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thats wild baker. I'm sure you'll get alot of hits if you list it under 'free quake' or 'download quake' from google. The player .mdl's sorta reminds me of the new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie--they look anorexic! heheh

Comment

roflroflrofl. Anorexic, thats classic. I personally think the new TMNT movie will kickass,but I still agree with you,they totally gayed the basic features of the turtles/splinter.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
        Based on the feedback from the Quakeworld.nu guys:

Version 2.0:

Download: All 37 GPL Maps Beta Release #1 11 MB

(...)
        Haha, classic Quakeworld style.

Anyway, I do like how you're working on this. Even if it doesn't quite fit with the original Quake style, well, neither did OpenQuartz. At least it's something to start from, so long as you stick with actual textures, instead of solid colors.
        Last edited by Entar; 04-21-2007, 06:07 PM.
        A signature? Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Entar View Post
          Haha, classic Quakeworld style.

Anyway, I do like how you're working on this. Even if it doesn't quite fit with the original Quake style, well, neither did OpenQuartz. At least it's something to start from, so long as you stick with actual textures, instead of solid colors.
          Yes, at least it is something to start from. OpenQuartz did a hell of a job with a lot of the stuff, but it doesn't look faithful on the whole and neither does this.

But, you know, it works and you can play.

Yes, at least it is something to start from.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

So why not use the 24 bit (32?) gorgeous replacement quake textures?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine View Post
              So why not use the 24 bit (32?) gorgeous replacement quake textures?
              I think it's mostly because glQuake, WinQuake, etc. don't support them. Just about every other engine does, though.
              A signature? Oh dear.

Comment

Working...
              X