Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYNQ: (C) HUD, Charset, Conback, Menu

C. Working on the HUD, Charset, Conback, Menu and Supporting Graphics

One place in "SynQ" where a lot of work is needed is in the supporting game element graphics, like the conback, the menu and so forth.

Probably one of the easier things to do -- except that like everything else the 8-bit Quake palette represents somewhat of a challenge and the tools needed to access and update this make this a lot harder than it should be.

DarkPlaces and Qrack support 24-bit replacement elements for many of these items, so create a .tga version is desireable as well.

Because software renderers will be supported, work will need to be done on gfx.wad, a file located in pak0.pak (use Pakscape) to open. However, gfx.wad cannot be edited with your normal WAD editor, Adqedit (download)
    must be used.

The best way to work with gfx.wad is open it in Adqedit and export the files 1 by one to .pcx format and work on them individuallly.

Then after editing, reimport them.

Not very fun, but fortunately much of OpenQuartz -- which forms most of the starting base for SynQ -- has pretty good HUD elements and number sets.

However, there are some things that need done:

1. Rune/Sigil icons
    2. Power-up icons
    3. Conback -- easy
    4. Modification of some of the gun icons, especially the Lightning gun one.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Are you asking us to work on these? Or are you just saying "Heres what I plan on doing" ?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Are you asking us to work on these? Or are you just saying "Heres what I plan on doing" ?
      Neither :d

I have to document how things can be done before I can possibly enlist any additional help. I've had volunteers private message me offering assistance with different things.

There has to be a road before any cars can drive on it, if I don't document how these things can be done I will be in major trouble with questions. :d :d
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I might add a wiki is a far better place for this; there will be one within the coming days.

Comment

Working...
        X