Looking for "map rotation" quide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for "map rotation" quide

I'm looking and looking but can't find a map rotation tutorial or a command line. Any direction here?

I assume you mean on a server. That's usually mod specific.

Regular Quake, I don't think it can be done short of recompiling the progs.dat. Quakeworld has some sort of method you can put into a the server config for at least the standard mod (the guys @ www.Quakeworld.nu should know how, I forget).

Other than that, you are usually looking into custom compiling the progs.dat (source).

Not very user friendly.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

right. Gotcha. yeah, I could probably get into it, but I'm already tired of configuring this server. I think a mod will be a bit easier at this point. Thanks man.

Comment

I'll put that on my "wishlist". It won't get solved or addressed any time soon, but I do think it is important for things to get continually easier and easier.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

on map change, if (thismap) nextmapis(thatmap); else if continue

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            I'll put that on my "wishlist". It won't get solved or addressed any time soon, but I do think it is important for things to get continually easier and easier.
            Hmmm... Certainly someone has thought of a basic mod that would allow you to do some kind of map rotation at the very least. I mean, I find it hard to believe that I'm the first person to suggest this would be a good idea for any of the newer game engines.

Actually, what's more puzzling is that I haven't found an engine that actually offered this. Maybe one is out there, but I haven't seen it.

Comment

So let's pretend that I was going to use Rune Quake as my mod and simply modify the source to include my custom maps. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this? In the settings.qc all I see are references to episode number and map number. Can anyone think of a work around to use custom maps that has a rotation including time and frag limit?

Darkplaces is running on the server and I don't think there's a way to set map rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by in2ishun View Post
                So let's pretend that I was going to use Rune Quake as my mod and simply modify the source to include my custom maps. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?
                Yes, that can be done. RuneQuake supports 200+ custom maps.

I'd suggest posting that question in the RuneQuake Development forum:

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewforum.php?f=2

RuneQuake has a lot of different configurations, including the ability to just be vanilla DM with whatever timelimit/frag limit you want. But setup questions for it are best asked in the RuneQuake forum because Slot Zero is far more familiar with the howtos than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  Yes, that can be done. RuneQuake supports 200+ custom maps.

I'd suggest posting that question in the RuneQuake Development forum:

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewforum.php?f=2

RuneQuake has a lot of different configurations, including the ability to just be vanilla DM with whatever timelimit/frag limit you want. But setup questions for it are best asked in the RuneQuake forum because Slot Zero is far more familiar with the howtos than anyone else.
                  Baker, this is good stuff. Thanks for the redir!

Comment

Working...
                  X