No announcement yet.

Zop/Sniper: IDDMS Lighting/DarkPlaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zop/Sniper: IDDMS Lighting/DarkPlaces?

I ran around the IDDMS maps and noticed that as far as I could tell, there were no spots that caused the player model to be totally black as actually happens in many spots on DM2 (main area) and DM3 (red armor room) and DM4.

Did Zop manually adjust lights in the maps or use a specific lighting tool with specific options? I'm hoping #2.

One really annoying thing with the id maps is the way the lighting is in DarkPlaces where there are many spots that seem to be well lit, but items or players are totally obscured.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Anything about IdsDMs can be forwarded to Zop. I know nothing about mapping :]

About Darkplaces. Leave the gamma, contrast, and brightness alone. Raise the scene brightness to 2 or 3. That seems to work fine for me. The regular quake maps work fine like that. It's just the few custom maps that are really dark or really bright

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
      About Darkplaces. Leave the gamma, contrast, and brightness alone. Raise the scene brightness to 2 or 3. That seems to work fine for me. The regular quake maps work fine like that.
      I run into a lot of visibility problems on many maps as I have used DarkPlaces more.

In the shots below, the player would be easily visible in any other engine and you would easily be able to tell what color they are.

So yeah, I would want to recompile the DM map sources using whatever Zop did because his maps don't have the problems the real Quake maps have with lighting and DarkPlaces.

Where is Waldo? In a team game do I shoot him if I am lucky enough to notice he's even there:

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X