Backflips and ground rolls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backflips and ground rolls.

I've always thought it would be cool to have unrestricted freelook when you're not on the ground, by which I mean being able to look straight up or down and keep going. You could then set it up so that if you hit jump while looking down you do a ground roll or if you spin the mouse backwards while in the air you do a backflip. Side flips and rolls would come from holding +strafe.

Even cooler, if you had a jetpack (in the next version of SuperCoop the bio suit will have a jetpack built in) it would let you do loop the loops.

Does anyone know how to do this in progs or would it have to be done in the engine?
    Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
    !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
    Hunting shamblers since 1996.

IHOC Quake already had a JetPack home.ihoc.net : seattle washington or ihoc.clan-rum.org : atlanta georgia
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

pointless? this ain't anarchy and quake3
      Yet I still beat you more easily than a hammer can beat a fresh batch of Rowntree's fruit jelly.
      The 300pingGOD ( july '98 )

Comment

How do you get it?
        Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
        !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
        Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

interesting idea but I would find that feature hard to get used to

Comment

You might want to look at various Matrix mods and wallclimbing mods. AFAIK it's a serious pain in the ass without some engine coding. I remember there was some guy who tried wallclimbing for Quake1, but pretty much gave up and moved the project to Q2.

I also remember playing with... punchangle (I forget what it's called), when I tried to do it myself. It takes some hacking.

Comment

Working...
            X