X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx anyway Baker.

it also says

*** ERROR 65: Line 7: No world brushes
    It's always a good day when you get laid...

Comment

I got another question. If I accidentally deleted that quark with the map data and only have .bsp left and maybe .map is there a way to still add more to the map or do I need to redo it all now?
      As long as you still have the .map you are fine..
      (You probably need to reorganize the "tree" to get it back to how you had it organized before tho)
      Just drag and drop the .map onto the main window and open it..

If all you got left is the .bsp.. well.. then your pretty much screwed :S (but u could still load it into quark, make a screenshot and use that as a background picture to rebuild your map from scratch)

The reason you get that "build failed becouse blablabla" error is probably because you are trying to run QBSP with the .bsp as input where it expects the .map

The best way to use quark in my experience is to set the output format to "valve 220".
      Also set "don't write floating point coords" to [on] and "use integral vertices as threepoints" to [on]
      (See options -> configuration -> games -> quake1 and options -> configuration -> map -> options)

This way you can still use quarks enhanced texture positioning (which comes in very handy) while keeping all the brush-face coords as integral values in the .map.

"quark ETP" output format will give slightly better results but then you'll end up with floating point values in the .map which will make compiling a nightmare

Also make sure all the vertices of the brushes are on the grid (they will get slightly off grid sometimes but as long as its no more then like .001 thats not a problem as quark will still write it as an integral value to the .map)

I recommend using aguirRe's tools for compiling and fitzquake/enhanced GLquake for testing your map.
      Read aguirRe's tooltips to get a better understanding how it all works.

hehe so there.. lot of info.. mapping ain't all that easy.. but.. once you got the hang of it.. its good fun!

If you need any more help/tips on Quark itself.. PM me..

Comment

Im Working on a deathmatch map and I have encountered a problem. Whenever I create a player start entity, such as, multi, co-op, single, even teleport destinations the only face one way and always the same way. I have the option to give the entity angle and it gives me the choice of up or down. I havent found this to do anything. I was hoping somebody could help me out or tell me how I can change the direction via changing the .map file. It would be greatly appreciated.

FYI I have to use the mac editor "quiver 1.2" Is all I got PLEASE HELP!
        SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
        [email protected]
        AIM - EMHof1

Comment

you can give the "angle" specific a value ("arg") of 0-360 for the direction it should be facing (around the Z-axis). You can also use -1 for UP and -2 for down.

Comment

TAXI: There are a couple bsp -> map conversion utils I've found. The better one is winbspc. You'll find that the brushes won't be the same as the original map that you had, but it's better than nothing. Also, I have come across some maps that don't uncompile well enough to compile again without change. gendm1 and unholy come to mind.

Comment

"gendm1 and unholy come to mind." those maps have issues anyways.. gendm1 has clipping issues.. falling through map in certain spots.. unholy has at least one spot where u can jump out of the map into a big cube the mapper put around it to seal it up..

Comment

And then there are some cases where large maps such as insomnia, februss, warspasm and even some of my own won't decompile at all.

Comment

???

I'm totally new to this and i've tried installing Worldcraft but when the installation finishes it comes up with an error message saying it could not load the DLL library? any ideas?

Comment

Another editor that you should've commented on was qED, since that was one of the better editors out there. Now if only qED would've survived after Quake and Quake 2, etc... that would've been great, since that was one of my favorite editors of all time. I believe I had a shareware version of qED out of a book written by Matt Tagliaferri, I believe. It was so good, that I got the full qED II editor. Just a shame it won't work in Vista, tho. Grr... The book had very comprehensive tutorials to it, and really got me into mapping right there and then.
                    sigpic
                    Current Project: Quake Texture Pack for UT3/UDK

Comment

Originally posted by 8IronBob View Post
                      that I got the full qED II editor. Just a shame it won't work in Vista, tho. Grr... The book had very comprehensive tutorials to it, and really got me into mapping right there and then.
                      They should have open sourced the editor when they stopped developing it.

So many tools, utilities, editors have died in this manner.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Got that right, don't forget that I had this editor for the past 10 years or so, and the last time I used it was back in 2005 or 2006. For right now ever since I built this new PC using Vista, I'm using Worldcraft 3.3, which, I hear, is the last edition of WC that can be used for Quake. Other than that, newer versions renamed "Hammer" I believe are only proprietary to Valve's own games now, which is sad. Needless to say, the editor didn't change that much, so Quake editing should be just as easy with WC 3.3 as with Hammer/Source SDK for CS or HL2.
                        sigpic
                        Current Project: Quake Texture Pack for UT3/UDK

Comment

hey I'm having trouble searching for new textures on quark. i cant see to get them anywhere. i tried the quark website but nothing........... I might have missed something but so far nothing :s. Please help if u can

Ty NITRO
                          http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

lets see, first when u make a a map, visit the texture window and do..umm i think import(copy) files. then find your .wad and it'll give some winy stuff, but then it should be on the list of textures.

Comment

cheers Metch
                              http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

I didnt see a link to Worldcraft tutorials. Are any tutorials for Worldcraft 3.3 available? I hope to make at least crap quality maps in the future =). Work my way up to poor in a few months! The only link I noticed to Tutorials was for 1.6. I missed it didnt I....I know I did....

Comment

Working...
                                X