New Quake server howto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quake server howto?

Hello I was wondering if anyone could give me a detailed description on how to start my own dedicated Quake server?

Its been something thats been on my mind for a while now.

Thanks!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Start a quake multiplayer match and keep it running 4Eva!

Comment

Yea, that would work I suppose. But I'm talking a server that has a DSN like quake.killingpixels.com that you can type in and connecto to from the console. With a decent mod and admin
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Comment

This is a question that you should forward to Slot Zero, the master of all quake servers.

Comment

We really need a new quake server now that SHMACK is supposedly going to hit the dust just like SINGED.

Comment

DONT MAKE ANOTHER RUNEQUAKE SERVER! PLEASE!!!!

Comment

Yes Make It An Ffa Dm Server!!

Comment

It's totally up to Phenom but a Team DM server would be nice. Or the option to have teams or ffa would also be nice. There's enough ffa as there is.

Comment

Honestly I can barley stand the runes at IHOC let alone the runes at Shamack/Singed. I plan on having MAYBE only the hook as an addon to my server, because I'm old school like that.. hence the clan

I'm open for ideas tho so lemme have your suggestions!
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

Straight up out of the box DM with voting options for teams or no teams.
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

we're currently trying to get the CA mod to work with proquake and winquake. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
                        Hello I was wondering if anyone could give me a detailed description on how to start my own dedicated Quake server?

Its been something thats been on my mind for a while now.

Thanks!
                        Phenom, are you talking about a publicly hosted server, like an Essentrix one ... or a privately hosted one?

If public, you could email chris --at---essentrix.net. Last time I checked they charge $4 per player per month and have 4 locations (St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, New York). There are certainly a lot of other server hosts out there, but I know they are mega-experienced at Quake.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ok, I emailed Chris from essentrix, I'm waiting for a response to see what he has to say, thanks for the tip Baker!
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                            We really need a new quake server now that SHMACK is supposedly going to hit the dust just like SINGED.
                            God your so retarded.
                            and Today , your mom's gonna die! and then ima sex0r her dead carcass!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yeah I agree. Definetly no hook either. Don't even make it votable. Would ruin what DM is about.

Comment

Working...
                              X