how do i run bot without server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i run bot without server

is it possible for me to run a bot on my own map that i made without using a server? i downloaded a bot, and in the installation instructions it says

* Installation

Put the progs.dat in a sub-dir of the server's quake-directory (kascam for
    example).

does this mean i need to have a server to use a quake bot?

Frikbots can run on any map.

Unzip to quake\fbx (make sure progs.dat is in that folder!) and start Quake like such:

c:\quake\yourquake.exe -game fbx -listen 4 +deathmatch 1 +map start
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

ok i was able to get into a death match, it took me to the level "introduction"

but i was alone, there was no bot with me ;(

how do i get him in there with me

i downloaded the bot and extracted him int c:/quake/fbxb

Comment

type impulse 100 in the console to add a bot. Repeat to add more bots.

/I'm sure it in the docs, but who likes to read boring docs
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thanks so much, i figured out how to game with the bot on my own on the ID maps, but i cant figure out how to load my map using c:\quake\yourquake.exe -game fbx -listen 4 +deathmatch 1 +map start, because im assuming thats the only way you can get the bot in the game with you.

thanks for all the help by the way

Comment

Assuming you can run normal quake and select your map, i.e. your map definately works on your rig, have you tried starting your bot game and then typing changelevel yourmapname in console?

If that works you could try:
            c:\quake\yourquake.exe -game fbx -listen 4 +deathmatch 1 +map yourmapname
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
            X