quakec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quakec

where do i get quake c, it is a program right? or is it somthing like a txt document im suppoed to use?

Quakeone has some quakec compilers here: link. (The bigger names are frikqcc and qccx) You'll need qc source files to compile, though. You can download them for different mods, like runequake (which requires qccx to compile). I'm surprised that the original qc source files are not hosted here, but they are released. Also, sometimes you can uncompile a progs.dat from a mod and end up with .qc files to edit.

Comment

thanks now i have to exparament and figure out hows it worx...i better make 2 cos im bound to break one

Comment

how do i get qccx to start up?

Comment

essentially, your coming off as if in my opinion,you have absolutely no knowledge of QC programming skills. I have none as well, and if your still convinced your going to just up and start coding and compiling, I would suggest putting a lot of study time into learning basic QC code before attempting creating your own mod. Start small,work your way up.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

thats what i am attepmting, to learn, but the qccx program does nothing! it flashes up command promp for a second and then when i tried dos it said this application cannot be run in dos box >:{ and the frink one comes up and stays but there is nothing i can use in the window it shows and tese programs are in with all the .qc files
            i will read more txt and try to slove but it might not help...

Comment

QuakeC is the game logic that controls gameplay in Quake. The QuakeC source code gets compiled via a compiler (like qccx or frikqcc) into a progs.dat.

The progs.dat is the game logic that runs the game (CRMOD is a progs.dat, CTF is a progs.dat, Clan Arena is a progs.dat, etc.)

You can find different QuakeC sources, such as "progs106" which is the Quake out of the box many mods use as a starting point here: http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in..._view&cat_id=5

You can find more resources here: http://www.quakeone.com/navigator

Of the various compilers, most people here use FrikQCC 2.5:

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...ile&file_id=50

There are some great tutorals at www.inside3d.com and a group of veteran QuakeC coders and modders at their forums http://forums.inside3d.com. They even have an IRC channel: irc://irc.anynet.org/qc

Take all the .qc files and .src files and extract them to a folder like c:\quake\mymod\src and then get a compiler like frikqcc and extract it there as well and then in Windows click Start->Run->CMD (press enter) and in the DOS window do "cd c:\quake\mymod\src". Compile it using "frikqccrelease /O2 -allownest" and there will be a progs.dat in c:\quake\mymod. Then you start Quake c:\quake\glquake -game mymod +map start and then your mod is running.

Contrary to popular opinion, I have almost zero QuakeC knowledge or experience.
              Last edited by Baker; 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I use proqcc, and... Well I made my first mod yesterday

Comment

lol ... ok i have found out how to veiw the .qc files [ i'm suprized i figured it out] it was the .txt reader i beleave to be called "notepad" and i have found some cool stuffs on that inside3d.com thanks to Baker and PLAYER13579, but i am hav trouble finding frag cookies [+50] and some weps such as monster guns also is it possible to make these two...entities i guess is what they are... to be scatterd around the map [i.e. the cookies would fall like runes...but maybe less frequent is what im trying to say :/]

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                    lol ... ok i have found out how to veiw the .qc files [ i'm suprized i figured it out] it was the .txt reader i beleave to be called "notepad" and i have found some cool stuffs on that inside3d.com thanks to Baker and PLAYER13579, but i am hav trouble finding frag cookies [+50] and some weps such as monster guns also is it possible to make these two...entities i guess is what they are... to be scatterd around the map [i.e. the cookies would fall like runes...but maybe less frequent is what im trying to say :/]
                    I'd post your question at http://forums.inside3d.com as there are very few QuakeC coders at QuakeOne.com and quite a few at Inside3D.com.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

cools and i think im getting it now im just adding the lite-candy stuff like kicking gibs and heads

but i should do more studybefore i add the large stuff

Comment

ok now i have added some stupid useless stuff [kick gibs, drunk rockets, etc..] but now i have the ability to compile but when i do the end result is an "h" file...what do i do with it? how do i make the mod run, i ve looked around in/on some totorals and files but cant find where to put it

Comment

Compilng should always produce 1 file (progs.dat - the actual game code), and may also produce another (progdefs.h - a file that is intended to be dropped into engine source code, so that the engine can communicate with the game code). If progdefs.h has only just started to be created, and wasn't being created before, then that suggests that you have modified the area of defs.qc that generates this file (everything above the line that says "void end_sys_fields;"), and so it will no longer work with a standard quake engine. The best thing to do is to revert defs.qc to the original, and then add all of your new definitions to the bottom of the file.

I would also suggest using fteqcc as your compiler, as it has additional features that earlier compilers don't have, and it's also one of the few QuakeC compilers that is still being maintained. And I also suggest that you read the output of the compiler. fteqcc (and probably other compilers, but I ahve no experience with them) will tell you if the top section of defs.qc has been modified or not. If it hasn't, it doesn't generate a progdefs.h and prints this:
                          Code:
                          Recognised progs as regular Quake
                          Progs should run on any Quake executor
                          and it will only generate a progdefs.h if one is needed. You may need to delete progdefs.h to notice this.
                          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

say ok i must have not noticed the progs.dat because i tested the compiler before and made a mod that was exactly the same as quake so i wil see to it i follow and see

Comment

Working...
                            X