Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make it shoot twice

right now for the weapons i am trying to make the shotgun shoot twice
    so far i have made the model so it shoot each barrle...berrle barrale [baaahg]
    individually

so far i have makde it go thrugh the animations, but dosent shoot the second shot
    any suggestions

oh im also planning on a reload like sequence [like the doom dbs accepst bigger shots, this is gonna be a powerful gun ]

any help is appreciated

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
    right now for the weapons i am trying to make the shotgun shoot twice
    so far i have made the model so it shoot each barrle...berrle barrale [baaahg]
    individually

so far i have makde it go thrugh the animations, but dosent shoot the second shot
    any suggestions

oh im also planning on a reload like sequence [like the doom dbs accepst bigger shots, this is gonna be a powerful gun ]

any help is appreciated
    Its spelled Barrel hope this helps!

P.S
    I'm an asshole!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I don't have anything useful to say on the topic, but I have something useful to say about spelling.

If you use FireFox, it highlights misspelled words in red and you can right click on the highlighted word and it displays alternatives.

Very useful.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

firefox..i also here it is a bit better at not caching viruses off the web [chooses words carefuly]

ive been planning on getting it, but never did it, so im doing it now

Comment

why not set up a 2ndary trigger which is just a copy of the 1st shot, and have it bound to mouse 2, that way when u click both it fires both? i think there's a tutorial for setting up a 2ndary trigger somewhere i read. ill try and find it if you want?

Comment

...i don't see it at inside3d so i don't know where it would be, all the other QC sites (whoa it FF even knows what QC is) so ya post it if you can find it please. but don't go through too much trouble

Comment

The animation and actual shooting are handled seperately from W_Attack in weapons.qc

You could possibly call W_FireShotgun (); from the animation code [function player_shot5 in player.qc]. Keep in mind that the function removes ammo, so as it is, ammo will be used twice. You can message me in AIM or ICQ if you have more questions, not too many people code qc a lot, here.

Comment

The best way to show people what you are talking about is to post up the code in question. Post what you have on your modified animation sequences.

From what I THINK you are saying, you modified the animation sequence for the super shotgun to shoot each barrel individually?

Comment

yes thats exactly what i did,

added shotgun frames

Code:
                  void()	player_shot1 =	[$shotatt1, player_shot2	] {self.weaponframe=1;
                  self.effects = self.effects | EF_MUZZLEFLASH;};
                  void()	player_shot2 =	[$shotatt2, player_shot3	] {self.weaponframe=2;};
                  void()	player_shot3 =	[$shotatt3, player_shot4	] {self.weaponframe=3;};
                  void()	player_shot4 =	[$shotatt4, player_shot5	] {self.weaponframe=4;};
                  void()	player_shot5 =	[$shotatt5, player_shot6	] {self.weaponframe=5;};
                  void()	player_shot6 =	[$shotatt6, player_shot7	] {self.weaponframe=6;}; // changed for shot
                  void()	player_shot7 =	[$shotatt1, player_shot8	] {self.weaponframe=7; //added for shot
                  self.effects = self.effects | EF_MUZZLEFLASH;};
                  void()	player_shot8 =	[$shotatt2, player_shot9	] {self.weaponframe=8;};
                  void()	player_shot9 =	[$shotatt3, player_shot10	] {self.weaponframe=9;};
                  void()	player_shot10 =	[$shotatt4, player_shot11	] {self.weaponframe=10;};
                  void()	player_shot11 =	[$shotatt5, player_shot12	] {self.weaponframe=11;};
                  void()	player_shot12 =	[$shotatt6, player_run	] {self.weaponframe=12;}; //end add for shot
                  and im planning on adding reload frames, so thee *might* be more

im also planning on putting gyro i so when you shoot you and people around fly back, like maybe make it a shaved elephant shotgun

//looiking at this now i think ill use "player_stand[s]" for the reloading

Comment

Well, as it is currently, W_FireShotgun () is only called once, at the time of attack. There is no other function to make it shoot again in the middle of the animation sequence. By adding W_FireShotgun () and self.attack_finished = time + 0.5; in player_shot7 () it should work correctly.

Are you understanding why it isn't firing that second shot now?

Comment

ya, kind of like with the nailgrunts and they were only shooting one nail

Comment

hmm it works but now if i fire the shotgun it will shoot a super shotgun blast after [fast enough to gib every monster in e1m1]

i think i need2 shotgun sequences , i have an idea on how and where to put it to

this is gonna be cool XD

edit: it worked [yay]
                        Last edited by metchsteekle; 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

oh if your still interested, here's that 2ndary trigger tutorial.

http://www.moddb.com/games/quake/tut...igger-in-quake

Comment

Code:
                            #
                            void() W_MoveFinger =
                            #
                            {
                            #
                                   if (self.finger == 0)
                            #
                                   {
                            #
                                        self.finger = 1; // now put it on the other trigger
                            #
                                        centerprint(self,"Secondary Mode\n"); // let him know
                            #
                                        return;
                            #
                                   }
                            #
                                   if (self.finger == 1)
                            #
                                   {
                            #
                                        self.finger = 0; // ditto
                            #
                                        centerprint(self,"Primary Mode\n");
                            #
                                        return;
                            #
                                   }
                            #
                            };
                            some of that looks weird, are u sure it will work, or does it need some deciphering?

edit !!!WHOA!!!1 where did all the weirdness go????, on the site it has a bunch if "@,#,$,%,8" in it

Comment

so did it fix itself or no? im getting the weirdness now too...

Comment

Working...
                              X