More mapping help (targets?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More mapping help (targets?)

How would i make an item spawn after pressing a button? like an ammo box or something? would i tie the ammo to a trigger_multiple and a trigger_multiple to my button? something like....

Button>Trigger>Ammo ?

hmm ammo boxes use SUB_Regen i believe its in items, maybe that will work?

Comment

Directly, it isn't possible, so try the following:

If it's making an item appear that can reappear in multiplayer, and it's an item that the player is likely to have wanted to collect anyway, then you can use the SUB_Regen hack as detailed here (post #4).

Otherwise, you either want to make the item fall into the area where the player is (not always reliable), open up a wall and have the item behind (commonly done... also fun to put a monster in there as well), or have a func_door in the floor, and then have another below it that lifts the item into place. This will be tricky to make the lighting work with, though. A func_door in a wall is your best bet, I think.

To spawn an item from nowhere requires custom QC, that I'm not sure how to write. The result might be similar to how spawn64 works for monsters, though.
      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

well that right, you can use triggers to spawn monsters at a certain time why not ammo? maybe ill look into the qc and see what i can learn thanks again guys.

Comment

RuneQuake Plus by IEEE had a rune that would allow a player to place weapons anywhere they choose.

Maybe this technique could be used spawn ammo?

http://www.quake-1.com/quakec-gallery/RQP_0.5.4.zip
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
          X