Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have the map made, how do I make this CTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the map made, how do I make this CTF?

I've built a nice map just recently, which I was intending to build as a Capture the Flag map, called "Battle Arena: Temple of Gloom" and wondering how to turn this Deathmatch map into Capture the Flag, I was looking all over WorldCraft 3.3 for just the right things, but up until then, this may wind up as a Team Deathmatch map until I find out what to do... Here's what it looks like, btw:

So, what do you think... How would I be able to convert this to the CTF map that I've been wanting?
    sigpic
    Current Project: Quake Texture Pack for UT3/UDK

You need to put flag and team spawns in the map.

One way to do this would be to edit your Worldcraft .fgd file so you can directly place those items in the map. You'd copy info_player_deathmatch as info_player_team1 and info_player_team2 and instead of info_player_deathmatch, you would put info_player_team1 spawns at the red base and info_player_team2 spawns at the blue base.

You'd also copy item_key and create item_flag_team1 and item_flag_team2 for the red and blue bases respectively.

An example of the entities:

//Q-Man
    {
    "classname" "item_flag_team1"
    "origin" "-58 524 -296"
    }
    {
    "classname" "info_player_team1"
    "origin" "-64 512 -296"
    "angle" "270"
    }
    {
    "origin" "-197 59 -296"
    }
    {
    "origin" "-40 -241 -296"
    }
    {
    "classname" "item_flag_team2"
    "origin" "996 -542 -104"
    }
    {
    "classname" "info_player_team2"
    "origin" "996 -542 -104"
    "angle" "180"
    }
    {
    "origin" "795 -490 -104"
    "angle" "270"
    }
    {
    "origin" "849 -591 24"
    }
    There is another way to do this that is much harder by creating an .ent file and running qbsp -onlyents against the map but that would be far more painful because you'd have to rip the entities out of your compiled map with a text editor, edit it manually and then re-ent the map and I'd recommend not using that method since you are using a map editor.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
    X